Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Immars

iTunes playlist (new member)

Hi to all.

New to the board. Receiving Stanton tomorrow. And new to the whole dj experience.

I was reading the manuals online and they state that you can create a playlist on iTunes and transfer it to quick grid and then to the flash drive (???). I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to take me through that step. I know how to create a playlist on iTunes. So I assume that you copy and paste that list to QG as is and then to flash drive by also copy and paste (???).

Also, when doing the playlist through iTunes and I add a song to that playlist do I re-copy and past the list QG and flash drive again? How does one add a song or two? Do you all suggest another way to do playlists and organize?

As you can see I am as newbie as they come. I apologize if my questions are too basic. I thank you for your time.

Guest Professorbx

Hi to all.

New to the board. Receiving Stanton tomorrow. And new to the whole dj experience.

I was reading the manuals online and they state that you can create a playlist on iTunes and transfer it to quick grid and then to the flash drive (???). I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to take me through that step. I know how to create a playlist on iTunes. So I assume that you copy and paste that list to QG as is and then to flash drive by also copy and paste (???).

Also, when doing the playlist through iTunes and I add a song to that playlist do I re-copy and past the list QG and flash drive again? How does one add a song or two? Do you all suggest another way to do playlists and organize?

As you can see I am as newbie as they come. I apologize if my questions are too basic. I thank you for your time.

1. Export the iTunes playlist to your thumb drive as a .M3u file.

2. Put the songs on said iTunes playlist on your drive. If you have them in folders, then put the playlist in the ROOT of your thumb drive (that is, don't put them into a folder).

3. DJ [thumbup]

1. Export the iTunes playlist to your thumb drive as a .M3u file.

2. Put the songs on said iTunes playlist on your drive. If you have them in folders, then put the playlist in the ROOT of your thumb drive (that is, don't put them into a folder).

3. DJ [thumbup]

Thank you for the reply!

I actually was able to load the songs onto the USB, prepare it with QG and it worked! only problem was that when i loaded the USB to the unit and sorted them by genre, about 80% of the songs had the proper genre assigned. But 20% of songs had numbers assigned in the genre. i went back to check my playlist on Itunes and all the songs have the proper genre. Any idea how to correct that? I did not sort the songs in the thumb drive by subcategories. They are all there as one cause i chose to sort by genre and i read that once you add songs you have to rename things.