Gibson Brands Forums

Fantasy cars.

LarryUK

Guest Farnsbarns

Anything with Japanese-like handling, and an American V8 engine.

...and as the great Henry Ford said: "You can have any colour as long as it's black."

Just FYI. He never said that and black wasn't even an option in the first years of production.

Just FYI. He never said that and black wasn't even an option in the first years of production.

Nevertheless, it sounds good. But, You made me curious, it's so "widely-known" expression of His. What's the story then?

Cheers... Bence

Dino?

Correct, Bence. Dino 246 GT.

NOT Ferrari.

Of course, coming from Modena it would hardly be reliable so I'd need something I could depend upon to get me to the shops and back.

So I'd buy one of these as well. 917K (short-tail). 4.5 L flat-12 and they even had the foresight to put a small luggage-rack at the back.;

917K_zpsb9b3e88c.jpg

P.

...I would prefer Lord Brett Sinclair's DBS. ;)...

Here it is along with "Danny Wilde's" Dino 246 (complete, please note, with Modena numberplate!).

tumblr_maat9hg8Zh1qlzjxwo1_500_zpsa417098c.jpg

Point of trivia;

The registration plate for Lord Brett Sinclair, BS 1, was borrowed by the TV production company from Billy Smart, the great British circus owner.

EDIT : The 246 GT I posted earlier has the (IMO) much more stylish covered headlamps. This example has the later exposed lamps. Is it my imagination or does this one look pretty....apprehensive by comparison?.................:-k

P.

Oh, a Tatra 77 would indeed be nice.

I remember reading an article written by a journalist for a motoring mag who had found one for sale in the UK.

It was hilarious. The poor car hadn't been kept very well and it just kept on breaking down every ten miles or so.

But the potential was fascinating....

My very first car was a '59 Beetle. I kept it for ten years and became quite immersed in the VW scene at the time.

For all us 'Buggers' the Holy Grail - the '59 Les Paul Standard, if you like - was a Hebmuller.

Here's a rather gorgeous '49.

Heb_zps794382b8.jpg

There were approx 700 made between '49 and '53. Only one was made in this last year and, oddly enough, I came across it being used as a wedding car in the centre of Heidelberg of all places!

There are a few in the UK including what is reckoned to be the only hardtop Hebmuller ever made.

P.

Tomorrow, I post something You'll appreciate.

When I left home in the morning, I've noticed a very old Beetle on my neighbor's lot. The guy is carbody repairsman. If the car is still there when I get home, I'll shoot some pics. [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

I'd have this...

Quite elegant, of course, but far too flashy - especially the interior - and just too massive for me.

That link was also interesting for the other cars featured from the same dealership and it raises the question of 'Why?'.

Look at the Ferrari Enzo, for instance.

£999,999. It's nine years old and has covered a whopping 390 miles.

45 miles per year on average. What is the point of that?

Why have one of the most exclusive supercars on the planet and not use it?

Sad.

P.

A Hearse, Searcy?

Has it's presence for sure!

Cheers... Bence

Without question an early 70's Cadillac hearse is the perfect car for me. Nice ride, plenty of room inside and an air conditioner you can freeze meat with. I almost bought one a while back. One of these days. I have other priorities at the moment. :rolleyes:

Archived