Gibson Brands Forums

vintage Gibson stereo help please

Hello,

I recently had a 65 or 68 gibson stereo and not to sure of what i have,

heres some info with pictures

Gibson Stereo ES 355td-sv SPECIAL bigsby SN#516292 with original case and paperwork

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/scravagor197/library/?sort=3&page=1

each pic was at lest 3 mbs each :(

Edit**

Im just wondering if the pickups have been changed if its at lest original, and maybe if its worth restoring to factory, just looking for opinions, and if i have anything special here :)

Wow that thing got played didn't it! Everything looks original (to me) except for those 3 small switches. I'd say it was made in late '68 or '69. Very cool to have the original hang tags.

Wow that thing got played didn't it! Everything looks original (to me) except for those 3 small switches. I'd say it was made in late '68 or '69. Very cool to have the original hang tags.

Yea are those original?? or added on, the pics I see I didnt see those extra switchs they do affect the sound quite a bit but im still a novice at it :)

Man. that looks great! The electronics have been modified, obviously. The humbuckers would have originally come with gold covers. You would have to investigate into originality. The guitar, as someone said looks 'played' but appears to not been molested other than additional wiring....Cool!

Archived