Gibson Brands Forums

Picks that come with the guitar.

wonderful remark

I don't believe you can buy the Gibson "acoustic" picks anywhere. The pick that is included with your new acoustic guitar is the pick that was actually used during the final inspection of your guitar. You can buy the regular Gibson picks through most guitar stores, but they won't have "acoustic" printed on them.

I don't believe you can buy the Gibson "acoustic" picks anywhere. The pick that is included with your new acoustic guitar is the pick that was actually used during the final inspection of your guitar. You can buy the regular Gibson picks through most guitar stores' date=' but they won't have "acoustic" printed on them. [/quote']

and would they be the same material and thickness??

The ones that you can buy have "Gibson Pure" printed on them. They come in a couple different thicknesses and have either "H" or "M" printed on them. I just compared a "M" (medium) to the "Gibson Acoustic" pick and they look and feel the same to me. They are also the same shape.

Most people I know put the original one (Gibson Acoustic) aside and save it, since that was the first pick to ever touch your guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived