Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Authenticity

StimpyRV

Hello this is my first post here. I am sure this forum get this kind of messages all the time. Anyway I want to confirm that my LP Std is the "real Mackoy" From its serial number its 1991 and matches. From my internet research I believe the headstock Logo and truss rod cover are important in identifying "fakes". I don't know how to upload pics in this forum but I have pics I could send to anyone who is willing to help.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.

guitar slinger thanks but I tried but I don't get any options to upload just this:[/img]

What do you mean by link? Don't know how to paste link? I have the picture in jpeg format on my computer.

Hummm:-k

That's probably because you adressed the photo to your computer. First you got to upload the picture to imageshack or something.

Let's do this: You send me a private message or an e-mail with your pictures and I place it here on the forum.

What do you think?

Thanks for all the great answers and opinions. I have paid for the guitar now and am waiting to take delivery of it. When I receive it I will have a closer look at that logo. I think it looks very very similar to the Ëlderly" one. The Logo on that one also looks like a decal, I hope it's just how the way the inlay fillier shows up in photos. I wonder why the work Model isn't on the head stock? Does anyone know if this is common? Thanks.

It looks ok to me... the standard has had many changes through the years... including just "les paul" and "les paul model" in the headstock and "standard" on the TRC or just a blank TRC.

The Gibson logo sometimes "ages" that way... if you could take closer pics, maybe at a different angle, it would help. As noted, the gibson logo ages that way sometimes, sometimes it takes a year, sometimes it takes 10, sometimes it takes40.

That guitar is sweet, which finish is that?

Archived