Gibson Brands Forums

Pulled the trigger on a Hummingbird TV.....

Lefty Guy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations - No need to say I will follow your path with this guitar with interest.

Guess you are mesmerized by its beauty right now. Hopefully the honey drippin' voice too.

Could you post a sound clip ?

HNGD.jpg

Love the look of that beauty. I bet it will be a dream come true to play & hear.

Great catch & hope it meets all your dreams for it!!! Only one thing that I um, 'er noticed. Did you know that damn thing was made backwards!! [biggrin]

Aster

guys, I'll post some pics on Friday.

Sadly no recording equipment where she'll live, tucked away in our pied-a-terre in London so that the wife doesn't know I've bought her ;-)

So far I'm very happy with GV's service as I made them what I considered a fair bid via e-mail which they accepted.

I think this may well be the only lefty TV Hummingbird in the UK! Got a good deal & collecting on Thursday.

LH-HummingbirdTV_hcs_zps95fa503a.jpg

Congrats Lefty !

oh and by the way...guys... I also pulled the trigger on a TV HBird last friday [biggrin] My dealer ordered it directly from Montana and it should be home in 6 weeks [thumbup] Can't wait to see and hear that beauty [biggrin]

Congrats Lefty !

oh and by the way...guys... I also pulled the trigger on a TV HBird last friday [biggrin] My dealer ordered it directly from Montana and it should be home in 6 weeks [thumbup] Can't wait to see and hear that beauty [biggrin]

hey, that's great Denis. We should hook up on skype & have 'bird jam!

... tucked away in our pied-a-terre in London so that the wife doesn't know I've bought her ;-)

Good luck working out a story for your wife. . B)

From the GV pics she looks fantastic. Love that heritage cherry burst.

Congrats.

@Denis57 - Congrats. Sit tight. Six weeks might drag by.

Must be that time of the year for Hummingbird TV's. I just bought one yesterday from Dave's Guitar in Lacrosse, Wisc. Should arrive here by Friday. Will post pics .

Congrats Paul ! You guys are lucky to get it so fast ! Can't wait to see mine but always happy to see you fellows' good looking bird [biggrin]

Lefty ,

I knew you would someday ... how about some home taken pics ?

congrats and I'm sure you got a beautiful guitar

edit: just for kicks here's mine

JuanHbird001.jpg

Juanshbird001.jpg

Juanshbird002.jpg

Elliot Easton of THE CARS also has 2 lefty 60's style birds from the custom shop :

IMG_1628_zps8f46ffe0.jpg

P1010413_zps2053ec46.jpg

JC

I'm a little bewildered as to how a man has the dosh for a flat in London and hasn't bought a hummingbird ages ago. Priorities are all messed up there somewhere.

Still... Congratulations moneybags :)

well, because technically (although not legally) the flat belongs solely to my wife, although its me that stays there most to save an old man a 4 hour daily commute, AND its south of the river :-)

Ooooohhh, have a weak spot for this tune – and Sheryl sure takes the prize in this video.

Notice the editing between 2:55 and 3:05 – hits the bronze-bells here.

Apart from that, I think we see a yellow-panzer-paint-pickguard, narrow necked vintage H-bird. 1965-66 is my guess.

I take the track one more time -

Archived