Gibson Brands Forums

J45 True Vintage...trade value

Jazzbone

Lol probably not that's up to you. But unfortunately that's usually what they sell for used.

It's always up to a 'willing seller' and a 'willing buyer'. I am a fan of the free market and a private sale or trade is whatever is agreeable. I would not agree, so no sale / no trade!

I've seen a few go through local CL, They are varied, although each one calls themselves "J-45 TV". This is how they were presented:

1. Has ADi top, hide glue, all the bells and whistles.

2. Has a Sitka top hide glue and all the bells and whistles

3. One model is a Guitar Center custom run, Sitka top, none of the bells and whistles, still calls itself a J-45 TV.

Without a program, it is really hard to tell the players, some changes are year dependent as to whether it has an Adi top. Only on close questioning of the sellers, did the details actually come out, so buyer beware.

1. seemed to sell for about $2200

2. seemed to go for about $2000

3. seemed to go for about $1800

so M.O.P. was right about range, By the way, we live in an area where MINT really means something, especially in a buyer's market. Even the smallest dimple can mean a few hundred off the top price. Silly I know, but that is the way it is in our neck of the woods.I can understand TV owners holding out for higher prices, but this has been the norm for the last couple of years.

Archived