Gibson Brands Forums

Getting ready to head to my 5 star for NGD!

RunningDownTheR

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Man, from the 'previous' picture, it looks like you are "running down" to the ENDS of your pockets.... [confused] ....Good Luck! If you ended up with the TV....from what I read..... "ya' don' good"

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

And yeah.... I love a happy-ending

J-45 TV. Gotta love 'em ! One of the most iconic guitars on the planet !!!

I know folks 'like them', Dan......BUT........ that is an OVER-statement..:lol: ... (epecially since they have only been in existence for a few years) Please!..... step away from the 'medicinal marijuana'....... :P

Keith: "our payment policy is very easy, we take cash, check, credit card, first born children and small puppies... how would you like that set-up - lights low with no-buzz?"

RDtR: "lemme go find some puppies..." [biggrin]

Parrot in the back of the shop: 'Hi Keith!" (gotta follow Murph to get that one)

J-45 TV. Gotta love 'em ! One of the most iconic guitars on the planet !!!

Gonna let the wife drive home while you play away in the back seat?

I'm not THAT bad! LOL

Fullmental,

I played a standard last week at a GC and really liked it. I lplayed a variety of Gibsons in Texas, Memphis and NYC while traveling and didn't love them, including a doves in flight, several J200s and hummingbirds. This 45 sounded deep and rich. I hit a few Coldplay riffs but what did it was double trouble barrs at 7 & 9 were smooth and just right! I decided to do it.

Keith, that was special at Cheesecake Factory!

Fullmental,

I played a standard last week at a GC and really liked it. I lplayed a variety of Gibsons in Texas, Memphis and NYC while traveling and didn't love them, including a doves in flight, several J200s and hummingbirds. This 45 sounded deep and rich. I hit a few Coldplay riffs but what did it was double trouble barrs at 7 & 9 were smooth and just right! I decided to do it.

Keith, that was special at Cheesecake Factory!

I am glad you found the right one. That's what it is all about!

and I hate the cramped tables at the Cheesecake Factory but that looks good and is a wonderful place for a date! I have been trying to think of a place to take my girlfriend when she gets back to town and you just helped me decide! Thank You! and enjoy that guitar!

-Keith

Great choice, and it's good to hear that Keith looked after you properly. He has a lot of fans here.

Thank you! It's kind of ironic.... I HATE guitar salesmen. ANY salesmen really. I try to keep that in mind at work. Whether buying, selling, or just living my life. The Golden Rule always applies. It works. :)

Thanks guys for all the wishes and all! Keith threw in a T-shirt and marine band harmonica! Look out Dylan haha. Got room here for the night. Gorgeous place here in the foothills.

AC8964F7-3E32-4DBD-AE0C-8BDFA109BA24-241-0000004046A9BE9B.jpg

Now there's a happy player. And that's a killer T to boot.

Another beautiful 45TV. She looks great.

Congrats on a successful trip and a fantastic guitar. . B)

Congrats.

I do not know the feeling of going guitar shopping because in 50+ years I have never headed out the door specifically intending to buy a guitar. We just tend to find each other. No research or any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes they end up staying with me but more often as not we go our separate ways such as the 1955 J-160E that was visiting for a while. We just did not click. I tried to talk myself into it but in the end no dice.

Thank you! It's kind of ironic.... I HATE guitar salesmen. ANY salesmen really. I try to keep that in mind at work. Whether buying, selling, or just living my life. The Golden Rule always applies. It works. :)

Haaaayyy! I've been a professional salesman for 40 years & never once have I done a person wrong. [biggrin] I've been thanked for helping people thru what they are afraid of too many times to count. Modoc, I don't like someone "selling" me something anymore than the next guy. If you are really good at it long term you are a need satisfier & consultant more. I've saved more than a few from making tragic mistakes that they thought for sure they wanted. Been thanked for that often too. People, including me, like to "own" things, we don't really like to "buy" things as that's the scary part. Glad the guitar salesman was helpful & a need satisifer from the sounds of it.

RDTR, even the stink'n case is beautiful. Congrats & thanks for the pictorial of the adventure. It was grand!!

Aster

RDTR .... Thanks so much, man, for this thread! How entertaining, and not a word about a misapplied pickguard or which strings to use. Great road trip and how cool of your wife to be on board. Thanks for the nice words about Birmingham! We usually don't get that here from outsiders ..... but it is little know that this is a great place to live and a great music town.

As for BB and Keith ..... well it's all been said but I'll say again that both can be trusted to give one the best price and the best service. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent in that acoustic room, playing many many Gibsons (and a few Martins) off that wall.

Enjoy your new toy!

Haaaayyy! I've been a professional salesman for 40 years & never once have I done a person wrong. [biggrin] I've been thanked for helping people thru what they are afraid of too many times to count. Modoc, I don't like someone "selling" me something anymore than the next guy. If you are really good at it long term you are a need satisfier & consultant more. I've saved more than a few from making tragic mistakes that they thought for sure they wanted. Been thanked for that often too. People, including me, like to "own" things, we don't really like to "buy" things as that's the scary part. Glad the guitar salesman was helpful & a need satisifer from the sounds of it.

RDTR, even the stink'n case is beautiful. Congrats & thanks for the pictorial of the adventure. It was grand!!

Aster

That's exactly what I meant! :)

Not quite sure I have ever seen anybody document a guitar buying trip in photos before. I guess I have been at it so long, I have just come to take it all for granted.

You just missed being able to walk into one of the last real juke joints in Alabama. After being there almost 60 years, Gip's Place (about 20 miles out side Birmingham) was raided by the police and shut down by the city council as an illegal commercial operation. Just a tin roof affair but I you love you some gutbucket blues it was the place to go. Last I heard they were trying to work something out.

Not quite sure I have ever seen anybody document a guitar buying trip in photos before. I guess I have been at it so long, I have just come to take it all for granted.

You just missed being able to walk into one of the last real juke joints in Alabama. After being there almost 60 years, Gip's Place (about 20 miles out side Birmingham) was raided by the police and shut down by the city council as an illegal commercial operation. Just a tin roof affair but I you love you some gutbucket blues it was the place to go. Last I heard they were trying to work something out.

Well, actually they did work something out ..... City of Bessemer said "you gotta close, you got no permit, and we're getting complaints" or something like that. Gip says " F**k you guys, I've been doing this, at this place since you all were at you mama ****" or something like that ..... City of Bessemer said Oh! OK! So Gip plays at Gips place .... truely a juke joint .... and, several other places around the metro area mostly to middle class, youngish blues fans. Gotta love it!

Archived