Gibson Brands Forums

Ordered a 2013 J-35

twalker

Great Toby!!! Also WEIGH the new baby and tell us it's weight. The one I tried was feather light!

The one I played was extremely light.

If I did not own a J45 I am in love with, I'd have seriously thought about it.

I don't know how anyone could go wrong with either one. They are both excellent instruments.

Sure will. Fed Ex says it arrives on Wednesday.

So Toby, I remember the J-35 John Walker made for Jourma when John was working for Gibson. It was one amazing guitar. If he still has it could we talk you into a comparison. That would be a real eye opener.

So Toby, I remember the J-35 John Walker made for Jourma when John was working for Gibson. It was one amazing guitar. If he still has it could we talk you into a comparison. That would be a real eye opener.

That would be interesting! I'd love to get my 2011 Five-Star J-35 in on the comparison, too. Jorma borrowed it to play a few songs in January, and liked it a lot, but his J-35 was a couple thousand miles away and so we couldn't do an A/B. I know one person (not Bill G) who worked at Gibson back in the day who's claimed Jorma's J-35 is the best guitar to ever come out of the old Bozeman custom shop.

-- Bpb R

I'd have to head out to OH in order to do that.

Archived