Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson nighthawk landmark series

spoonowl

Hello everybody I am a new member here and I hope I'm posting on the right section.

I am thinking of selling my guitar and I was hoping I could get some help as to what price I should sell it at/or where I might be able to sell it. I own a Gibson Nighthawk Landmark Series "Everglades Green" model. It's in a good condition as well.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

Hey Dan,

I have heard of and seen Nighthawk, I am not sure of what the Landmark series is??? I could google but I don,t have a dog in the hunt.

As far as sales venues, the Gibson Forum has a Trading Post section (not sure if there is a post limit but most likely there is)

If you are trying to sell it ,my advice is to give more info and photos and do some google research on the year/model that you have! This is your first post asking about the value of a guitar that I have not seen and know little about...[confused]

I did a completed sales search on EBAY and the term Nighthawk brought up 67 items. The guitars sold from around $699 to $1599.....Quite a spread.. [scared]

I think that it is up to you to do your research and advertising campaign at the price that you are 'comfortable' with....The buyers market will let you know soon enough whether you are too high or 'just right'

I only recommend EBAY if you are familiar with it and the costs.

Otherwise a Craigslist ad could get it out there with some local and loco folks....

At any rate ....good photos are your friend when wanting appraissals or pricing info...

I do like the Everglades and green is one of my Top Three colors.....2nd to orange [mellow]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

The Landmark Series are Nighthawks with paint and finishes that represent United States national parks and monuments. Each Landmark guitar is marked "Landmark Series" on the back of the head stock and includes a decal identifying the park or monument it commemorates .

The Landmark Series was issued in 1996.  It has two M-Series mini-humbuckers instead of the standard Nighthawk combination of one mini-humbucker and one slanted humbucker (SP2) and optional center singe coil (SP3).  Sometimes they have all gold-plated hardware.

As I write this  (August, 2019), there is one in nearly mint condition for sale here in Thailand for 34,000 baht, and another in Germany for 995 Euros, both about  $1,100.