Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR GIBS

My first album

I made it. This is a dream come true for an amateur like me. Took one year and a half to make the recordings, arrangements, the mixing, the mestering and to edit the CD. All the music is mine. Some of the lyrics too. All the songs are in bulgarian language (as well as it sounds to you, for me it's native).

Hope some of you may like it...

"Botev boulevard"

Congrats ,

Just wondering , what guitar was used? What mic on the guitar? Do ya know what mic pre's, eq, or compressers that were used?

Suppose I am obsessed with signal chains in the studio .

I wish you the very best with the new album.

Chip

Congrats Krasi!

Listened to Botev Blvd - great.

On my phone, when I get home I' m gonna download the album.

Wishing you the best. . B)

Congrats ,

Just wondering , what guitar was used? What mic on the guitar? Do ya know what mic pre's, eq, or compressers that were used?

Suppose I am obsessed with signal chains in the studio .

I wish you the very best with the new album.

Chip

The Gibson I used in this album is my SJ 200 Custom Elite. The other guitars are a Master luthier replica of Martin 0028 cedar top/rosewood back&sides, my old Yamaha FG 411 C MAB and the nylon string is a Master luthier classical guitar spruce top/rosewood back&sides. The microphone was a Rode NTK. All the instruments (except the guitars) are virtual instruments. I don't know exactly what sound card is used here. The guitar solos in the songs #2 and #7 are played by a friend of mine (I have no such skills...)

I listened to several tracks. Very nice, tight. Some interesting twists and turns and progressions. Nice piano solo on Harmony, I think it was. Did you do that? I'm very impressed by this stuff, but I kind of like some solo work I have heard you do better, because there is very little space here, no silences. I guess this may be caused by generated instruments like bass?

Well done, Mr Gibs! I use virtual instruments myself beyond guitars and I can feel the hard work you have put into this. Enjoy that good feeling of accomplishment.

Steve

I listened to several tracks. Very nice, tight. Some interesting twists and turns and progressions. Nice piano solo on Harmony, I think it was. Did you do that? I'm very impressed by this stuff, but I kind of like some solo work I have heard you do better, because there is very little space here, no silences. I guess this may be caused by generated instruments like bass?

The man who arranged, mixed and mastered all the songs is a composer. And as shown by his work - a greedy man. That's why there is no silences... In the album I did the guitars (except the solos of the songs 2 and 5) and the vocals. Everything else did this man and his name is Minko Lambov. He snapped my songs trough the prism of his own musical tastes and skills and as he is a jazz , fusion and progressive musician and piano player - here is the result. The piano solo on "Harmony" is a real masterpiece.

Well done, Mr Gibs! I use virtual instruments myself beyond guitars and I can feel the hard work you have put into this. Enjoy that good feeling of accomplishment.

Steve

The work was really a hard one but was not done by me. The man who did it is a composer. I payed him of course for that. And stayed behind his back many days, evenings and nights during a whole year. Me - I can not work with virtual instruments. I don't have such skills and I dont want to learn. It's not mu cup of tea. I prefere someone else do it.

It was really so hard and complicated that I assure you the man checked out 2-3 times every tone in every song..... When I started I had no idea what is it to make an album... Man, this is really not easy.

Glad that it's finally finished my friend. I've bookmarked it and when my world slows down a bit I look forward to the pleasure of listening.

Guitars sound great and you are a terrific singer! Everything is super, your arranger did a great job. I'm sure you feel a sense of accomplishment to have written an album of songs that good!

Thanks for the nice words you all wrote above. To make this CD was the dream of my life. Another dream was to have a Gibson Acoustic J200.

Well, now I have two gibson acoustics (besides the other 8 guitars that I have+1 acoustic bass), I play in a grup and next week we go in the studio to record our 3-rd CD... Dreams are to come true!

It is may be time to explain more about the title of this album and the first song in the CD. "Botev bulevard" is one of the main streets in the city I live and I was born (the city of Sofia).

This is the capital of Bulgaria.

Hristo Botev (the man on who's name the boulevard is named) is one of the heroes of my people. My country was under turkish slavery during

500 years. Hristo Botev was one of the men who died in battle to liberate Bulgaria from the turks. He was only 28 years old.

Furthermore he is recognized by all as the greatest bulgarian poet of all times although during his hard llife he wrote only 20 poems.

The lyrics of the first song of my album are mine. Few years ago I lived this boulevard and was inspired to write words about how this street lives.

Matter of fact in the song the boulevard sings about himself in the first person singular. And portray its life during twenty-four hours.

In the morning there are noisy tramways and everyone is busy to not be late. Somewhere by noon there are bunch of porters swinging their ropes

to show they are ready to work for you and in the evening the boulevard transfugures - the porters are gone to give way to prostitutes and transvestites...

Nothing is left of the talent and the heroisme of Hristo Botev, but only his name on several street signboards... And there is no return...

EIGHT IN THE MORNING

I DON'T FEEL HUNGER

I AM FAST FOR WORK IN A TWANG TRAMWAY -

"BOTEV" BOULEVARD.

TWELVE FOR LUNCH -

A TRUE HELL !

I AM RUNNING SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE MOVERS -

"BOTEV" BOULEVARD

AND THERE IS NO RETURN!

NO RETURN!

BACK TO YOU, BACK TO ME, BACK TO US!

TWELVE IN THE NIGHT.

NAKED PAVEMENT.

I AM PRODIGALLY OFFERING CARNAL SERVICES -

BOTEV! ("BOULEVARD")

AND THERE IS NO RETURN!

NO RETURN!

Thanks for the nice words you all wrote above. To make this CD was the dream of my life. Another dream was to have a Gibson Acoustic J200.

Well, now I have two gibson acoustics (besides the other 8 guitars that I have+1 acoustic bass), I play in a grup and next week we go in the studio to record our 3-rd CD... Dreams are to come true!

It is may be time to explain more about the title of this album and the first song in the CD. "Botev bulevard" is one of the main streets in the city I live and I was born (the city of Sofia).

This is the capital of Bulgaria.

Hristo Botev (the man on who's name the boulevard is named) is one of the heroes of my people. My country was under turkish slavery during

500 years. Hristo Botev was one of the men who died in battle to liberate Bulgaria from the turks. He was only 28 years old.

Furthermore he is recognized by all as the greatest bulgarian poet of all times although during his hard llife he wrote only 20 poems.

The lyrics of the first song of my album are mine. Few years ago I lived this boulevard and was inspired to write words about how this street lives.

Matter of fact in the song the boulevard sings about himself in the first person singular. And portray its life during twenty-four hours.

In the morning there are noisy tramways and everyone is busy to not be late. Somewhere by noon there are bunch of porters swinging their ropes

to show they are ready to work for you and in the evening the boulevard transfugures - the porters are gone to give way to prostitutes and transvestites...

Nothing is left of the talent and the heroisme of Hristo Botev, but only his name on several street signboards... And there is no return...

EIGHT IN THE MORNING

I DON'T FEEL HUNGER

I AM FAST FOR WORK IN A TWANG TRAMWAY -

"BOTEV" BOULEVARD.

TWELVE FOR LUNCH -

A TRUE HELL !

I AM RUNNING SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE MOVERS -

"BOTEV" BOULEVARD

AND THERE IS NO RETURN!

NO RETURN!

TWELVE IN THE NIGHT.

NAKED PAVEMENT.

I AM PRODIGALLY OFFERING CARNAL SERVICES -

BOTEV! ("BOULEVARD")

AND THERE IS NO RETURN!

NO RETURN!

Very interesting story. Now that you have written that, I am going to ask something that struck me as I listened to you sing. I thought about asking but just blew it off. Here goes.

I have no idea what you are singing as I only know English language. And 99% of all songs written in English language have rhyme schemes. This may be a very dumb question and why I didn't ask it before, but are there rhymes in your language? If so, do songwriters use rhymes? Especially end rhymes.

Yes, livemusic there are of course rhyme schemes. You don't understand my language so you can't guess the rhymes. Not only end rhymes, but also inside the verse rhymes. And of course songwriters use rhymes.

Félicitations Mr Gibb.

J'ai vraiment aimé ce que j'ai entendu à date.

J'irai voir si je peux acheter le cd sur Itunes,

Un beau rêve accompli !!!

Michel Marc