Gibson Brands Forums

RARE 1961 Slope Shouldered Gibson B-45 12 String - Videos, Pictures and Some History

twalker

So somebody finally snagged that one. And it could not have gone into better hands. Congrats.

I kept looking at it but I already own a 1963 B45-12 and just could not rationalize owning two of them even one as cool as one as the round shoulder version.

And Neil is a great guy. A few months ago he verified that a guitar I stumbled across was a Schmidt-made Galiano 14 fret jumbo. Not sure anybody else could have helped me out with that one.

Hey Toby, looks you have been on a bit of a guitar binge lately.

So somebody finally snagged that one. And it could not have gone into better hands. Congrats.

I kept looking at it but I already own a 1963 B45-12 and just could not rationalize owning two of them even one as cool as one as the round shoulder version.

And Neil is a great guy. A few months ago he verified that a guitar I stumbled across was a Schmidt-made Galiano 14 fret jumbo. Not sure anybody else could have helped me out with that one.

Hey Toby, looks you have been on a bit of a guitar binge lately.

Neil is a great guy for sure. My booking agent, McShane Glover went to high school with him so every time I'm down in Annapolis seeing my agent I drop by Neil's. I bought 4 guitars from him over the years and he sure knows his stuff.

Actually I'm on the I.R.S. program - Instrument Replacement Syndrome. I sell one to buy one.

I am trying to stick to a two for one diet. I am down three but up two so my success has not been overwhelming.

I am envious - I always loved the sound of the round shoulder B45-12s. It will be cool to see what you do with it. I play the same stuff on mine as I do on a six string but something like "Broke Down Engine" really does jump to the front. An extra added bonus is my wife, who plays a 1960 J-200 and is a Gibson girl through and through, loves the guitar.

Archived