Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Californiaman

The Hit Maker

Nile Rodgers and his guitar "The Hit Maker," are responsible for some of pop music's most celebrated hits.

His guitar has earned a whopping 2.08 billion US dollars.

I saw an interview with Anthony Mason from CBS News the other morning. It was great. Rodgers has recorded so many hits with so many different artists it borders on rediculous.

Did you know he's affraid of the dark?

Check this out.

Read all about it!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5EofwRzit0

Yeah, Nile is great. Among many other things, he produced and played on The Vaughn Brothers Family Style album.

I've been hearing that "Get Lucky" song on XM station my son listens to. I keep telling him "there's that Nile Rogers song" and he says "who is Nile Rogers? That's Daft Punk." :rolleyes:

The guy has written hits for Chic, Dianna Ross, David Bowie, Steve Ray Vaughan, Robert Plant, Jeff Beck, Mick Jagger, Duran Duran, INXS, Peter Gabriel, Madonna, The B-52s and the list goes on and on, as he has also worked on many Films.

Simply put... amazing.

Saw Chic play Glastonbury this year, it was a great show with hit after hit including Lets Dance by David Bowie.

Great that Nile seems to be in remission from his cancer right now and long may that continue.

There are few music pioneers that come along and we should cherish those like Nile who have shaped musical history.

All power to him.

Rodger's contribution to music is immeasurable—unless of course you consider how much money his creative genius has generated for himself and countless others who have been blessed to have worked with him.

Being a huge Madonna fan, I knew about Rodgers when I was a child. I always was very grateful to writers and producers and arrangers growing up because that's the line of work my grandfather did and because I knew Madonna's success was directly linked to her ability to pick quality producers and writers. Not everyone can be Prince or Stevie Wonder or whatever.

About two months ago I had some time to spend at Thomann's store until some Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs ordered from the warehouse would be delivered that I wanted to check out. There was a Chic video shown on the big video screen right above the counter, and suddenly I found myself standing in a crowd of people less than half my age. No one was bored from waiting but fascinated by the great live performance of Nile Rodgers and his band.

About two months ago I had some time to spend at Thomann's store until some Frank Zappa "Roxy" SGs ordered from the warehouse would be delivered that I wanted to check out. There was a Chic video shown on the big video screen right above the counter, and suddenly I found myself standing in a crowd of people less than half my age. No one was bored from waiting but fascinated by the great live performance of Nile Rodgers and his band.

Truly a master who transends time.

I'm still staggered by the amount of money that guitar has made him and other artists.