Gibson Brands Forums

How much is this 82 Gibson LP Standard worth?

joenobodyyet

I am interested in a black with creme pick guard 1982 Les Paul Standard that my friend is thinking of selling me. How much should I look to spend on it? Everything is stock and it's in pretty good condition. Serial Number 80262644. Also, what kind of neck does this have? Thin? Fat?

9510790713_d7aea55deb_o.jpg

9510782149_6d61569ac9_o.jpg

9513575474_837f0988aa_o.jpg

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

First of all congratulations for this beauty! Very nice Norlin-era Standard in great condition!

If You post pictures showing it from a side view, - probably - we can tell something about the neck profile. I would be interested about the heel of the neck (neck-body joint) in this particular case.

I have seen this bridge before on Norlins, but I have no clue whether it's a stock or aftermarket article.

Cheers... Bence

Guest Farnsbarns

I would say around $2000 usd considering it is 30+ years old and in good condition. As far as neck style, I have no clue without actually seeing it in person. Could be either.

IMO that would be a lot for it. It's the least desirable era of Standard there has ever been. My valuation, based only on those pictures and limited info provided would be more like $1200-$1600 depending on condition.

Archived