Gibson Brands Forums

Best looking Les Paul.

LarryUK

It don't say "Made In USA" on the back of the headstock. It is prity but I like a Les Paul with a pick-guard, just looks naked with out one.

Not a single Gibson Custom Shop guitar I ever saw said "Made in USA", including the both of mine. Moreover, I never would mount a pickguard on any Les Paul. Two of my Gibson LP Stds came with separately delivered pickguards which are on the shelf now, and I think about removing that of my Traditional 2013.

The top of the linked LP blows every top which ever caught my eye, including that of my own Custom Shop Standard Figured in Translucent Orange. In this respect [thumbup] for the topic title.

It is a good looking top and finish - not my style but nice looking all the same.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know the complete history of custom shop models so all I can do is look at mine and note some differences. For example, those grover tuners - I would research and see if this was normal practice for this model and year. Also, have you checked the serial number? Mine does not begin with CS (custom shop) but mine is newer so perhaps at one time they did? idk?

My custom shop does not have "Made in the USA" stamped on the back of the headstock either. However, my '78 Norlin era Les Paul does. And I too prefer pick guards on a LP - flames or not... call me a luddite but that's what I prefer.

There is just something fishy about this guitar.

After reading your comment I looked at their feedback. They've not sold guitars before and yet they have 4 now. That's a bit suspicious. But still a nice guitar.

Archived