Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Not very fancy, but plays and sounds awesome. New 2013 Studio.

post-61533-027895200 1386815576_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool Picot. I haven't seen one of those before. The color is quite striking.I have a 2008 Larry Carlton 335:

ES335LCBody.jpg

Wonderful neck and plays like a dream; my fastest fretboard by far.

Jayyj -- Your 355 is GORGEOUS!

I'm curious -- what did you use to close up the holes from the stopbar tail piece and where did you find them? Also -- did you reroute the ground wire from the stopbar to the new "heel" of the Bigsby?

I'm going to install a B-7 on my 335. I'm planning to use a Vibramate bracket -- however I'm trying to make contingency plans in case I don't like that bracket.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Jayyj -- Your 355 is GORGEOUS!

I'm curious -- what did you use to close up the holes from the stopbar tail piece and where did you find them? Also -- did you reroute the ground wire from the stopbar to the new "heel" of the Bigsby?

I'm going to install a B-7 on my 335. I'm planning to use a Vibramate bracket -- however I'm trying to make contingency plans in case I don't like that bracket.

Thanks in advance for any info you can share!

Thank you!

The stop bar holes are covered by beads I bought from a jewelry maker's supply shop, sanded flat on one side. They're dark brown and gold so they match the guitar really well. The other solution I've used is you can buy replica "Custom Made" plaques off Ebay that give you an authentic early '60s 335 look, and another one is to get pearl dots the same size as the posts, also easy to find on Ebay.

I'm not sure about the earth on the 355 - it's sometimes a little hummy so there's potentially an earth issue to look at. I just did a Bigsby conversion on an Epiphone Sheraton and I connected the earth to one of the tunomatic posts, so next time the 355 is due a service I'm going to see what's going on earthwise and re-anchor to the bridge post if necessary.

Thank you!

The stop bar holes are covered by beads I bought from a jewelry maker's supply shop, sanded flat on one side. They're dark brown and gold so they match the guitar really well. The other solution I've used is you can buy replica "Custom Made" plaques off Ebay that give you an authentic early '60s 335 look, and another one is to get pearl dots the same size as the posts, also easy to find on Ebay.

I'm not sure about the earth on the 355 - it's sometimes a little hummy so there's potentially an earth issue to look at. I just did a Bigsby conversion on an Epiphone Sheraton and I connected the earth to one of the tunomatic posts, so next time the 355 is due a service I'm going to see what's going on earthwise and re-anchor to the bridge post if necessary.

Thank you! That is very good and helpful information!

That's pretty cool Picot. I haven't seen one of those before. The color is quite striking.

Hey JO'C, you haven't seen one because they don't look like that new, I did a few thing to it. I just installed a pickguard on it.

Before and after.

post-61533-003899800 1386911497_thumb.jpg

The volume and tone knobs on the '68 were changed out from the originals yes? Gorgeous guitars! jim in Maine

Yes. In 1968, those should be witch hats. I have a repro set, just haven't installed them yet.

You sometimes find vintage 12-strings--both acoustic and electric--in virtually unplayed condition. This was one of them.

Archived