Gibson Brands Forums
4Hayden

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

Bought this new 2011 ES-335 Block Inlay Reissue model. It is a 63' reissue that uses different pickups and almost 2g's cheaper than the official 63 reissue. From the Gibson web site:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Memphis/ES-335-Block-Inlay/Features.aspx

Unlike the Custom Shop 1963 ES-335 Block reissue, which has a pair of Gibson ’57 Classic humbuckers, the ES-335 Block Inlay comes with Burstbucker Pro 1 and 2 pickups

Next picture I will try to include the headstock. lol

15904640284_cf402c9473_z.jpg

Bought this new 2011 ES-335 Block Inlay Reissue model. It is a 63' reissue that uses different pickups and almost 2g's cheaper than the official 63 reissue. From the Gibson web site:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/ES/Gibson-Memphis/ES-335-Block-Inlay/Features.aspx

Unlike the Custom Shop 1963 ES-335 Block reissue, which has a pair of Gibson ’57 Classic humbuckers, the ES-335 Block Inlay comes with Burstbucker Pro 1 and 2 pickups

Next picture I will try to include the headstock. lol

15904640284_cf402c9473_z.jpg

Can't beat a 335 , nice

I love looking at guitar candy

Thanks! In that case, here's the same guitar, better camera, ES330 for company:

ES355and330.jpg

here's my 1991 ES 165 Herb Ellis.

zlepg3.jpg

md39cg.jpg

I like that clean smooth one pick up look , very nice.

4H

Just picked up this caramel burst ES-339 last week from another forum member. This thing is a beauty and plays great! It was effortless to set up too-no string buzz even with the action super low. This one's staying with me forever!

IMG_1307_zpsfi97pq1y.jpg

IMG_1306_zps3viudexj.jpg

Just picked up this caramel burst ES-339 last week from another forum member. This thing is a beauty and plays great! It was effortless to set up too-no string buzz even with the action super low. This one's staying with me forever!

IMG_1307_zpsfi97pq1y.jpg

That's beautiful right there. Love the colors. Oh, and THIS . . . WoWzer!

[thumbup]

F8Ol9ix.jpg

F8Ol9ix.jpg

It absolutely no exaggeration that the ES175 was the culmination of a lifetime's worth of fantasizing and dreaming. Even during my Punk Rock days all I really wanted was the ES175. The tone, the playability, the history, the looks, it's the one electric I had craved since even before I started playing.

When Gibson Memphis rolled out a small batch of the P94 models I knew that it was likely to be my last best chance to snag one, and in natural its beauty left me blinded with awe.

I think I posted elsewhere that I found a very good price online which Musician's Friend matched and as it was Thanksgiving weekend they discounted another 15% on top of that.

I don't play it for everything, but I have never been disappointed with the purchase for even a moment.

It is absolutely my very favorite electric guitar, and I can think of no modifications I could make to improve it.

My 2011 ES-355

IMAG0026.jpg

Interesting that the hardware on my ES-347 (see my post just above your post) is so similar to your ES-355. I like the TP-6 stop tailpiece so much I am going to search for a chrome or nickel plated one for my Les Paul, as it may help to intonate the dang instrument. I think the only difference is the 3-piece maple neck on the 347 vs. the mahogany 1-piece neck on your 355. The 2015 355 has a Richlite fingerboard. I have an ebony board; does your 2011 ES-355 have an ebony board? Looks like it to me.

But there is no reason to fear a Richlite fingerboard, as I have one on a D-16GT Martin and it works like a fingerboard should. But paying a high price for a ES-355 without ebony is ludicrous. The Martin emulates a dreadnought like its sibling the D-18, but the D-16 costs less.

Interesting that the hardware on my ES-347 (see my post just above your post) is so similar to your ES-355. I like the TP-6 stop tailpiece so much I am going to search for a chrome or nickel plated one for my Les Paul, as it may help to intonate the dang instrument. I think the only difference is the 3-piece maple neck on the 347 vs. the mahogany 1-piece neck on your 355. The 2015 355 has a Richlite fingerboard. I have an ebony board; does your 2011 ES-355 have an ebony board? Looks like it to me.

But there is no reason to fear a Richlite fingerboard, as I have one on a D-16GT Martin and it works like a fingerboard should. But paying a high price for a ES-355 without ebony is ludicrous. The Martin emulates a dreadnought like its sibling the D-18, but the D-16 costs less.

That's a awesome guitar you have

IMG_1056-1.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

Both of you have nice guitars , I never get tired looking at guitar candy

4H