Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is my ES collection.

I added in the Tokai because it was the first guitar I ever bought for myself. I wanted an ES-335 and couldn't afford one at the time. This was about ten years ago. I bought the Tokai from a friend for $400 because it was as close as I thought I'd get to a real one. Now, ten years later, I own about 20 guitars (mostly Gibsons) and I finally got the ES I originally wanted, the Sunburst.

From left to right:

2003 Tokai UES155

2013 Gibson ES-335 Studio

1989 Gibson ES-335 Studio

2014 Gibson Memphis ES-335 Sunburst

frankesguitars.jpg

-Frank

Here is my ES collection.

I added in the Tokai because it was the first guitar I ever bought for myself. I wanted an ES-335 and couldn't afford one at the time. This was about ten years ago. I bought the Tokai from a friend for $400 because it was as close as I thought I'd get to a real one. Now, ten years later, I own about 20 guitars (mostly Gibsons) and I finally got the ES I originally wanted, the Sunburst.

From left to right:

2003 Tokai UES155

2013 Gibson ES-335 Studio

1989 Gibson ES-335 Studio

2014 Gibson Memphis ES-335 Sunburst

frankesguitars.jpg

-Frank

Nice collection

4H

I've added another ES to my collection. Just arrived today. My new Gibson ES-335 Government Series:

gibesgov.jpg

It's #91 of 300.

It's a surprisingly light-weight guitar. I was a little worried about the Dirty Fingers pickups as they came on my 1989 ES-335 Studio and I didn't like them at all. However, I plugged it in and played for awhile and really like the deep growl it makes. It's quite a handsome devil and feels great to play.

-F.

I've added another ES to my collection. Just arrived today. My new Gibson ES-335 Government Series:

gibesgov.jpg

It's #91 of 300.

It's a surprisingly light-weight guitar. I was a little worried about the Dirty Fingers pickups as they came on my 1989 ES-335 Studio and I didn't like them at all. However, I plugged it in and played for awhile and really like the deep growl it makes. It's quite a handsome devil and feels great to play.

-F.

Different but I like it , dirty fingers are some good pickups I like them

4H

• 2 weeks later...

hey freaks!

check out this Jay Turser COPY of the Gibson ES-150-DC ( fat ES-335 ) which was offered in the Jazz & Custom Order Catalog years ago.

sure I have a Gibson ES-150-DCW (Walnut), but I couldn't resist this JT COPY. It is incredibly well made and it has more binding and intricate mother of pearl than the Gibson ever had. Unfortunately it came with gold plating which always starts to wear out. I hate gold plating, give me chome or nickel.

how does it play and tune? The action is fantastic, they got the neck angle just right, it plays in tune all the way to the last fret. The pickups as good as any original humbucker or aftermarket.

40ea088e1844dfd30cc0.jpg

9c46fe73053d88321aa8.jpg

09003784e103e6b6aab2.jpg

4664bc421e73f3147b10.jpg

Figured I'd do sort of a repost since I've finally finished my ES quest. Got the ones I've been wanting for years with a couple of extras thrown in.

2013 Custom Shop Gibson ES-195 (Ebony)

2002 Gibson ES-135 Limited Edition (Natural)

2016 Gibson ES-335 Government Series (Gun Metal Grey)

2015 Gibson Memphis ES-335 (Vintage Sunburst)

2013 Gibson Memphis ES-335 (Gold)

1989 Gibson ES-335 Studio (Cherry)

franksesguitars.jpg

With these and my solid bodies, I'm done collecting..............for now.

-Frank

• 4 weeks later...

Archived