Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seem like yesterday when I bought my ES-345 in the Summer of 1967 from Don Weir's Music City in San Francisco. It's a player's guitar...and played/jam at Winterland that night. Brazilian rosewood fretboard has lots of divots with worn down frets, minor checkering, dry vibrating wood that stings your ribs when you play chords, feedbacks quickly; but still a joy to play and reminisce all the fond memories. [rolleyes]

ampguitarresized.jpg

DSC06530.jpg

Very nice !! kaicho8888

ampguitarresized.jpg

Very nice !! kaicho8888

ampguitarresized.jpg

STUNNING

the best looking 3X5 I have ever seen !!! [thumbup]

if it's got C57 Pups, ebony fretboard "fretless wonders" frets; medium size neck it's my dream 3X5 !!

golden taipiece is killing ; and this kind of strawberry red finish!!! .

YOU WIN !! ( but it's not a contest here, and to be honest I need them all [confused] )

Very nice !! kaicho8888

ampguitarresized.jpg

STUNNING

the best looking 3X5 I have ever seen !!! [thumbup]

if it's got C57 Pups, ebony fretboard "fretless wonders" frets; medium size neck it's my dream 3X5 !!

golden taipiece is killing ; and this kind of strawberry red finish!!! .

YOU WIN !! ( but it's not a contest here, and to be honest I need them all [confused] )

Beautiful!...darn you guys... now I've got GAS for petite ES models! [thumbup]

If you can find one, snag it! These 359's are really fantastic instruments. [thumbup]

Second hand 359's typically don't stick around for long unless they are way over priced. I got lucky and found one just as it arrived at the store and was put up for sale.

ok i'll play here's my flame top 335, the photo's do not do it justice in real life it is almost holographic

SAM_2033_zpsd8c5aae9.jpg

SAM_2028_zps69f34281.jpg

SAM_2023_zps5d789d47.jpg

SAM_2021_zps826cf725.jpg

I recently got this guitar set up and it is becoming one of my favourites, i got it for my 50th birthday and until the last setup I couldn't bond with it but now it plays so well my other Gibson are getting jealous that I pick it up so much.

ok i'll play here's my flame top 335, the photo's do not do it justice in real life it is almost holographic

SAM_2033_zpsd8c5aae9.jpg

SAM_2028_zps69f34281.jpg

SAM_2023_zps5d789d47.jpg

SAM_2021_zps826cf725.jpg

I recently got this guitar set up and it is becoming one of my favourites, i got it for my 50th birthday and until the last setup I couldn't bond with it but now it plays so well my other Gibson are getting jealous that I pick it up so much.

Just SWEET!!! [thumbup]

SAM_2033_zpsd8c5aae9.jpg

SAM_2028_zps69f34281.jpg

SAM_2023_zps5d789d47.jpg

SAM_2021_zps826cf725.jpg

Thanks for playing derek R , nice Birthday present !!

• 2 weeks later...

Am I allowed to post mine here? I couldn't find the "Gibson Memphis" forum, and mine isn't a "Gibson Custom", but I couldn't find any other "ES" forum, so please forgive me if I'm stepping out of line here. (Nevermind, I guess I'm not allowed to post pictures yet)

I have two, a 2005 satin and a 1985 Custom Shop Edition

I have to ask, what do you know about the Satin 335. I played one recently and it was well build and sounded great but I'm confused about the guitar. What I looked at is identical to yours only an 09 built in Nashville. #03009701. The case is Custom Shop but I'm not familiar with any of this. Very similar to yours with no-neck binding and 57s, TOM instead of an ABR. The guitar is owned by a Yale english professor and is in exceptional cond for an 09 though he has no IDs tags etc. I ran the serial and it comes back Nashville though I'm skeptical for some reason. Its as light as my 359 and plays as well, I'm just unfamiliar with the model and pricing and theres little info on it.

Here's a cruddy picture or two of my 05 Satin with a little buffing done to the finish

satin_zpsa2587d92.jpg

shine002_zps6aba68fe.jpg

and her big sister, Lucille

lucy001_zpsf962e934.jpg

For what it's worth, my Satin came with just a regular black case, no Custom Shop or USA on it, it just says Gibson with a black interior and shroud. The Lucille has a brown case, says Gibson USA and you can see the stylish (?) interior in the photo.

Here's a cruddy picture or two of my 05 Satin with a little buffing done to the finish

For what it's worth, my Satin came with just a regular black case, no Custom Shop or USA on it, it just says Gibson with a black interior and shroud. The Lucille has a brown case, says Gibson USA and you can see the stylish (?) interior in the photo.

Looks nice Steve, they all do above. I found a couple personal links and it appears the satin 335 was called the Satin Custom and build in Memphis, may have been a special order by GC or MF. Though apparently thats not altogether true with locations. I found two on ebay on completed listings, same thing. All the numbers came back Nashville though. One below has a Custom marked case as the 335 I seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-ES-335-Satin-ESDSRDCH1-/261570516797?pt=Guitar&hash=item3ce6d1573d

here's the other ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Gibson-ES-335-Semi-Hollow-Satin-Red-With-OHSC-/171450007204?pt=Guitar&hash=item27eb377ea4

Interesting piece anyway.

Picture286_zpsc15bcdd1.jpg

Not sure if I posted a pic. on this thread, but it is posted on one of the other threads.

This is my 1960 ES 355 that I purchased new. It is 100% original, including frets and pots.

The condition is almost perfect. Only 1 Very small imperfection on the neck, but it is Very minimal.

The case is original, and also in near mint condition. I would love to find a 335 and a 345 in the same year, <1960>

Picture286_zpsc15bcdd1.jpg

Not sure if I posted a pic. on this thread, but it is posted on one of the other threads.

This is my 1960 ES 355 that I purchased new. It is 100% original, including frets and pots.

The condition is almost perfect. Only 1 Very small imperfection on the neck, but it is Very minimal.

The case is original, and also in near mint condition. I would love to find a 335 and a 345 in the same year, <1960>

Nice job of taking care of your guitar brc , well done

Nice job of taking care of your guitar brc , well done

Thanks Hayden, We usually talk back and forth on the other threads. I was just scrolling through the threads and saw this one for the 355s, and thought I will post a picture. I have owned this 355 sinse 1960, and used it a lot in the mid 60s through the mid 70s. I have always been careful with my Gibsons, Guilds, Martins. When the guitar prices peaked out a few years back, I was offered an outrageous amount of money for the 355, but just did not want to let it go. He could have offered me twice what he offered, and I doubt if I would have sold it.

Archived