Gibson Brands Forums

Sharing a moment

deepblue

Lately I have been busy. I have been tinkering with my Strats, enjoying my new acoustic. I have enjoyed every minute of it. Guitars, as with most guys here are my passion.

All this time my beloved Les Paul slept quietly in her case. A well deserved nap I guess you could say.

Well this morning I woke her up.

Man!...One chord is all it took to remember why I love Les Pauls. One thick, meaty A chord that hung in the air with endless sustain. I then began riffing and it turned into a nice Cat Scratch Fever that had my wife yelling "hun turn it down!" lol....I really enjoyed myself today.

Im not telling you guys something you dont already know. There is nothing, NOTHING like a Gibson Les Paul.

Ya know, I gigged a Les Paul for 14 years. When the frets were wearing down I bought an SG (different story, but a good one!)

I moved North, and hooked up with some Country/Rock bands and ended up with Strats and Teles for quite a while. Got back into Gibson after buying a 1933 Gibson Mandolin for my wife at Gruhns, and the local Fender dealer becoming an assshole.

Pulled the ole' 79 SG out of retirement, then bought a new CS ES-339. Bought my daughter a new Studio.

I think I'm gonna trade the last Fender in on another SG Standard because of that Boston dude.

Anyhow.

I know what yer sayin'..................................

Best of luck.

Murph.

Gibson Les Pauls are great indeed... all of them!

I only had my tele home so I was playing 75% of the time with her... last week I took the lester in (I wanted to change the strings and follow all the steps posted by AXE a while ago).

Man, once I plugged her and played just a chord, I just couldnt put her down, I spent all the past weekend playing her, so no complaints here... you are damn right:

There is nothing' date=' NOTHING like a Gibson Les Paul.[/quote']

Yep. I was playing my Strat and SG this past weekend too. Giving the LP a break. They're both nice, friendly playing guitars.

But then I had to go back to the LP and it's like "Now this is a real guitar!" It doesn't feel nice or friendly to me, but it feels and sounds like all business. Especially at 10lbs with that phat 50s neck, I know I'm not holding some wimpy girly mans guitar.

Ya know' date=' I gigged a Les Paul for 14 years. When the frets were wearing down I bought an SG (different story, but a good one!)

I moved North, and hooked up with some Country/Rock bands and ended up with Strats and Teles for quite a while. Got back into Gibson after buying a 1933 Gibson Mandolin for my wife at Gruhns, and the local Fender dealer becoming an assshole.

Pulled the ole' 79 SG out of retirement, then bought a new CS ES-339. Bought my daughter a new Studio.

I think I'm gonna trade the last Fender in on another SG Standard because of that Boston dude.

Anyhow.

I know what yer sayin'..................................

Best of luck.

Murph.[/quote']

I've said it before in a few other threads, but dont sell that tele'! if you really want to i cant stop you but i wouldn't.

if its 'cause you like my SG that's fine but if it's 'cause ive been posting pics of it all over the forum and you think i want sg's to take over the forum that's not fine.

I've been playin' my strat a lot too. I played the strat for about 3 days, and then i picked up my SG again(im probably the only one here who doesn't have a les paul... yet) and it was like..... WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO REMEMBER.....music-smiley-7532.gif

Whatever keep rockin'

music-smiley-1306.gif

Archived