Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a bit concerned for one of our own

62burst

Hello people-

When Larry Platz had his Jackson Browne model 1 temporarily for sale, he'd posted some sound samples of the guitar at his Reverb Nation page. I was struck by a song he'd written;

"I Don't Anymore". I liked it, & thought others here might do the same. I'd had some messaging with him before, but never got a reply when I twice asked permission to direct others

to his ReverbNation page. That was over a month ago. He has not been active on the forum since then. As many of you know, he'd had some serious health challenges (hence the reason for the sale). Chemotherapy had been making life rough. As I'm not a FaceBooker, I had a friend try that route: no go.

Since his ReverbNation page is publicly viewable, I thought it would be ok to share his song (maybe a bit too poignant, considering health issues), and his JB Model 1, here on the forum. Enjoy.

It's no. 4 on the list of songs.

Larry- thank you.

Larry Platz Reverb Nation music

I sold him a guitar a couple months ago....I see he was on another forum we frequent this past Tues.....I've sent him a PM to ask him to check in with us here.

Thanks much, Ray- I guess it can be a small world ... sometimes.

Just saw a fresh post from him over on AGF.

Thanks, Mark- I guess Larry just doesn't visit the forum here very much. Understandable; after all, Gibson GAS can be very financially painful, & in my experience, highly contagious ; ).

Hey guys, I'm still here. Just haven't stopped in much and I missed this post until now. I do appreciate everyone's well wishes and I'm happy to say that, even though my lung cancer is stage 4, the chemo has been working well. Tumors have shrunk and in remission. I was able to play a gig this past Sunday and, even though I got a bit short of breath, it went well. I believe I'm gonna be around at least a few more years. Still playing a lot and loving my Gibsons. Thanks again everyone. And to 62burst-I got both messages via e-mail and answered both the same way. I guess there was a problem with it coming back through the forum.

Larry

Archived