Gibson Brands Forums

What a difference a forum makes.

AndyK

Guest Farnsbarns

I really love this forum - everybody is so supportive and encouraging. By contrast, the Marshall amp forum has a massive population of a-holes. [rolleyes]

Wub u guys. [thumbup][biggrin]

Ha ha. I was having trouble removing the chassis from my Marshall head. As far as I could see I'd removed all the screws but it wouldn't budge. Before I got a large screwdriver and levered it out I thought I'd better check I hadn't missed something so I headed to the Marshall forum and asked, the general consensus was that if I was so stupid I couldn't get the chassis out I had no business opening it. Now I've been around long enough to know that you don't apply brute force to anything before checking with someone who knows, but what a bunch if arseholes in that forum. In the end I did lever it out and it was simply stuck to the inside by having been put in while the paint in the inside of the cab was still wet.

You hit the nail on the head. I believe this forum is a great one since people here love their music, and so do love their instruments and gear as well. Having considered many details and overcome some weaknesses and shortcomings for music's sake makes people helpful and supportive I think. We all know that it can be hard to deal with the intricacies on our way, and hope to find help as well as we like to offer it. That's my two cents on what I experienced here... [thumbup]

Farns, I agree.... I had a simple question about mic's.... and I've been doing this for 50 years!

I didn't feel afraid to ask this simple question, and wasn't made to feel stupid for asking a

question most musicians would know.

I got my answer, and got my PA up and running.

Just a cool place to hang out at times.

one of my favorite forums as well, and I belong to a few, and this one is by far the most polite, cordial and helpful.

I wont mention any names but the other ones, tend to reflect an overall attitude by a select few active members that just doesn't put out the welcome mat..

I may not post a ton of stuff in any of these forums, but I come here a few times a day.. love this place..

Also guys, if you haven't been in the Epi version of the Gibson Lounge, you're missing something.

The DYI there is huge and, if not encyclopedic, it's still more comprehensive than you can imagine.

A lotta Aussies there because of the pricetags on guitars - and an Epi is getting into the Gibson price range in the U.S.

And yeah, it's a good bunch here although the occasional troll and complaint does cut a lot of the value of international input on occasion.

m

... we have a great bunch of folks here precisely because we have a great bunch of folks here.

What Goes Around Comes Around.

P.

This is true. Occasionally someone new comes in here a little too hard and strong, but they seem to settle down pretty quickly. I think that's due to the relatively mellow and modest vibe set by the members. There is a lot less chest beating here than a lot of other places [biggrin]

Guest Farnsbarns

It is a great forum here. I miss some of the members who don't come any more...

Steve Joshlay/S T E V E/ Troll Boy

AndyR

Matt Sear

Fuzzy Fred ( yes, even good ole Fred)

Damian

Even Cookieman isn't around much

Flight959 isn't on here much but I see him in the real world.

Dem00n

And what happened to Thermionik, he reappeared for a bit but went again.

Murph

There must be others but... Well... See my new sig! ↓

I enjoy the forum, and +1 on what M says. The Epi Lounge is quite fun with great folks too. May want to visit there & join in as well. I cross play (don't cross dress or cross nothing else!!) Gibson & Epi guitars (with many other brands too). Love it here & thanks to all.

Aster

Archived