Gibson Brands Forums

NGD: Jeff Tweedy signature SG

LPDEN

In the span of 2 days I came across and purchased two awesome SG's. First was the 2009 Custom Shop Historic I just posted about over in the Historic threads, and the second is a brand new spectacular Jeff Tweedy signature SG. I have to post of pictures of the actual guitar which I'll do in the next day or so, but in the meantime, I've used a stock photo collage that I already have made my avatar... I have really fallen in love with the way this guitar feels and sounds! Gibson really knocked these models out of the park!

gib-jefftwsg-pbl.jpg

Fullright.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys for the comments.. I'm just getting to them now. I thought I'd also share a Factory Gibson poster my local dealer had that they graciously gave me since I bought the the only Tweedy they received from them. I framed it and it's now presently the wall in my music room. Here's a pic of it:

SAM_0001.jpg

How were you lucky enough to find one of those? I was looking for one of those but opted for the Original SG.

My local dealer had this in stock in the box and when chatting about SG's after buying my Historic SG Special P90 VOS, the sales guy I typically buy from mentioned this one they had and for one reason or another didn't have it out on the floor. So when they brought the box out from the back and gave it a quick look over. It was perfectly set-up out of the box., so I purchased it on the spot. It was the only one they ever got apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where they still have this in stock? I know it's a long shot. I actually want to buy an SG Original but fell in love with this guitar. Love the colour and how the neck is not painted. I'm gonna try calling shops tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath lol.

1383623431[/url]' post='1445682']

Anyone know where they still have this in stock? I know it's a long shot. I actually want to buy an SG Original but fell in love with this guitar. Love the colour and how the neck is not painted. I'm gonna try calling shops tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath lol.

I ended up buying an SG Original a number of months back after not finding one of the Tweedy models. No regrets, turned out to be an outstanding SG.

In the span of 2 days I came across and purchased two awesome SG's. First was the 2009 Custom Shop Historic I just posted about over in the Historic threads, and the second is a brand new spectacular Jeff Tweedy signature SG. I have to post of pictures of the actual guitar which I'll do in the next day or so, but in the meantime, I've used a stock photo collage that I already have made my avatar... I have really fallen in love with the way this guitar feels and sounds! Gibson really knocked these models out of the park!

gib-jefftwsg-pbl.jpg

Fullright.jpg

Next to the Elliot Easton SG, this is the sexiest SG Gibson has ever made. I kick myself in the butt every time I see a picture of this, for not buying one when I had the chance.

I ended up buying an SG Original a number of months back after not finding one of the Tweedy models. No regrets, turned out to be an outstanding SG.

I'll probably end up buying an Original as well. Really wanted that satin neck and it looked nice with the colour scheme. Not gonna over pay for one though. Who knows maybe Gibson will offer a similar one in the near future ;)

Archived