Gibson Brands Forums

Does ANYONE in here actually OWN a Breedlove guitar???

onewilyfool

• 3 years later...

I own a Breedlove Signature Organic Concerto guitar. The guitar is designed in Bend, OR,  foreign made, and set up in Bend, OR. I really like the guitar. It is closest in size to a dreadnought, but has a different shape. The narrower waist makes it more comfortable to play despite its size. It is not a bass heavy as a Martin. Martin lovers would probably not like it. However, to my ear it is more brighter than a Martin, but more balanced. 

I choose not to shell out the bucks for an Oregon series, as I am not that serious a player, but I am sure that the upper end US made Breedlove guitars are great. Their designs are innovative and as an engineer by trade, I appreciate that aspect of their designs. In the end the sound is great. (to my ears)

• 2 years later...

I came across this thread looking for suggestions on a problem with Breedloves - the soundhole pickup coming loose, irritating.
But, reading this, even being an old thread, I wanted to say that I agree with PastorMike earlier in the thread - all guitars are different, and I love every guitar for its differences.   I have been fortunate enough to own many high-end guitars over many years, and currently own several Gibson customs, nice Taylors, and not too long ago, purchased a couple of Breedlove Premiere's.   One is the Concerto with the Adi top and Rosewood B/S, and the other (which got me on the Breedlove direction) was the Concert Redwood/Rosewood, which IMHO is a truly amazing guitar.   The Adi is a boomer - but I'm going to need some time to really get it to open up.   Been a Gibson guy my whole life, and can't say other than that redwood, that I'd ever give up one of my Gibsons for a Breedlove, but each guitar I own has different qualities, and I play each of them for different reasons, and enjoy them for different reasons.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 11:51 AM, zombywoof said:

I miss onewilyfool.

Second that.  He was great.  Came up with that evolving list of "Various J-45 Models"  and started with a count around 60 if I remember.     

As far as Breedlove,  the ones I've tried were low end - so I never considered the high end ones.  I think Guitar Makers should be like beer companies.  Cheaper guitars should be called "Lite"...

27 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

Second that.  He was great.  Came up with that evolving list of "Various J-45 Models"  and started with a count around 60 if I remember.     

As far as Breedlove,  the ones I've tried were low end - so I never considered the high end ones.  I think Guitar Makers should be like beer companies.  Cheaper guitars should be called "Lite"...

Martin calls them the Mexican ones.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 12/25/2020 at 6:51 PM, zombywoof said:

I miss onewilyfool.

7 hours ago, Murph said:

Yep. A cool cat with a witty, tongue in cheek humor.

Yes - and a good player/singer too. Delivered a fair version of Yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  D'you remember he began some bar gigs in his later days. We followed them here. . 

7 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes - and a good player/singer too. Delivered a fair version of Yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  D'you remember he began some bar gigs in his later days. We followed them here. . 

I think so. Back in the early forum days I had dial up and couldn't really watch videos very well. At some point I got a Hughesnet satellite thing that was limited and then eventually we got high speed.

I don't remember years anymore.

Or names.

Or numbers... 

On 12/25/2020 at 12:51 PM, zombywoof said:

I miss onewilyfool.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:55 AM, fortyearspickn said:

On 11/1/2023 at 3:24 PM, Murph said:

Yep. A cool cat with a witty, tongue in cheek humor.

19 hours ago, E-minor7 said:

Yes - and a good player/singer too. Delivered a fair version of Yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

I found it. Then I lost it. But here, for those who knew him, and those who didn't, . . . RIP,  Mr One Wily Fool:

Edited by 62burst
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

I'm a working singer-songwriter and I own and play a 2006 Bozeman Gibson J 45. It is my day to day guitar and it has a classic J45 sound that I love. But when it had to go in the shop, I needed a great back up guitar that could at least compare to it - but didn't cost me quite as much. After much looking and playing, I fell in love with a Breedlove Oregon dreadnought.  Sitka spruce top,  Ebony fretboard, silky maple neck, Myrtlewood back and sides. It's a really special guitar with a big full sound and a wider neck that's great for fingerpicking.  It's a different voice from the Gibson, but it's a great sound.  That's the Breedlove in this video below.

22 hours ago, Erik Lunde said:

I'm a working singer-songwriter and I own and play a 2006 Bozeman Gibson J 45. It is my day to day guitar and it has a classic J45 sound that I love. But when it had to go in the shop, I needed a great back up guitar that could at least compare to it - but didn't cost me quite as much. After much looking and playing, I fell in love with a Breedlove Oregon dreadnought.  Sitka spruce top,  Ebony fretboard, silky maple neck, Myrtlewood back and sides. It's a really special guitar with a big full sound and a wider neck that's great for fingerpicking.  It's a different voice from the Gibson, but it's a great sound.  That's the Breedlove in this video below.

Mighty fine.

I have a 2021 Breedlove Oregon series, spruce top with myrtle-wood b\s. Great for finger style. I’d sell my Taylor 717 before I’d part wit h my Breedlove. Of course, my main guitar  is my newly acquired Songwriter std. my Breedlove will probably collect dust