Gibson Brands Forums

When Do the New Models Show Up at Dealers?

Lefty55

How long after NAMM does it take for the new Gibsons to begin showing up at dealers? I'm not talking about GC either. They have nothing to offer left handed guitarists. I'm new to Gibson ownership and have been told by a dealer that Gibson plans to have most of their more popular models available in lefty versions. I'm looking to pick up a J-45 TV.

As for electrics, this was varying from one model to another the last years. I experienced that they make considerable lots of them what may take a few months, and then they are released about the same time all around the world.

Lefty ,

the last thing I ordered from Gibson last years was a lefty Elvis Costello Century Of Progress and the order was placed in early august 2012 and the guitar arrived at Fuller's on the 13 of February 2013

I think it all comes done to how much work has to be done on a particular guitar ... if you don't want to wait Wildwood guitars has 2 or 3 J 45 standards and a Hummingbird Standard :

Hummingbird :

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/11083050.php?CategoryID=451&n=27

J 45 :

http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/products/11423058.php?CategoryID=451&n=13

Dave's Guitars has a J 185 + a Blues King in lefty :

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-montana/j-185-left-hand/

http://davesguitar.com/products/gibson-montana/blues-king-left-hand/

in the case you don't find a lefty J 45 TV at this time ... you can check those out =)

JC

Have you listened to the sound clips on site here comparing the TV, the 45 standard and the 35? You may decide not to pay the premium for the TV. I played 4 new Gibsons yesterday, all standard models, all excellent. Bozeman is kicking butt these days. Oh and by the way, I think one of those - an SJ-100 WAS a new model.

P

JCV thanks for the links but I was allready aware of those. How does the sound compare between the TV and the Standard J 45?

let Tony P's reviews clarify your mind =) :

J 45 standard :

J 45 TV :

I'll post the shootout of the J 45 std vs the J 45 TV in another post so you can hear them side by side

JC

Lefty,

My journey has taken me through a gaggle of Martins, leaving me only with a few 15 series. I think you too have gone through your share. I have really grown fond of Gibsons in the last few years. The two best Gibsons I have played were the SJTV and numerous J45TVs. At Russo's in Asbury Park I had a really tough time deciding between the two models. Ultimately cost played a factor. I love J50 modern classic as it records so well, but the SJTV that now also sits across the room for me is perhaps my favorite guitar I have ever owned. Do try these models. I hope you have a five star dealer near you you can try them at.

I mean this. I will never buy another guitar again. I feel so lucky and content.

Well... Maybe if I win the lottery I will get that Western Classic... :)

Not that anybody really knows what they're getting in an online demo, but I did listen with good headphones. If I had to choose from that, I'd take the Standard over the TV. it had a better bottom end and a fuller, chunkier midrange. The TV sounded "jangly." That's not a bad thing, but it's not what I look for in Gibaon.

P

Lefty,

My journey has taken me through a gaggle of Martins, leaving me only with a few 15 series. I think you too have gone through your share. I have really grown fond of Gibsons in the last few years. The two best Gibsons I have played were the SJTV and numerous J45TVs. At Russo's in Asbury Park I had a really tough time deciding between the two models. Ultimately cost played a factor. I love J50 modern classic as it records so well, but the SJTV that now also sits across the room for me is perhaps my favorite guitar I have ever owned. Do try these models. I hope you have a five star dealer near you you can try them at.

I mean this. I will never buy another guitar again. I feel so lucky and content.

Well... Maybe if I win the lottery I will get that Western Classic... :)

That's right Sal. I have a number of Martins few of which blow me away. Although the 2012 D-18 I have is quite special. I love the tone of my new J200. Very happy with it and it is so well made. I like the the J-45TV for its slope shoulder body and short scale without the 12 fret slot head of similar Martins. I don't know if its best to order a left-handed J-45TV or to wait and see if one of the better known web dealers gets some in next year. Not really sure how it works with Gibson.

I forgot how hard it is being a lefty. I tried googling and digging on the net. It really is not as simple as "play a bunch and find one you like" if you are a lefty Gibby addict. I guess you have to take risks.

I guess you need to check in by phone with Russo's, Wildwood, MV, Dave's, Fuller's etc....

That's right Sal. I have a number of Martins few of which blow me away. Although the 2012 D-18 I have is quite special. I love the tone of my new J200. Very happy with it and it is so well made. I like the the J-45TV for its slope shoulder body and short scale without the 12 fret slot head of similar Martins. I don't know if its best to order a left-handed J-45TV or to wait and see if one of the better known web dealers gets some in next year. Not really sure how it works with Gibson.

I would probably call some of the dealers mentioned in this thread and ask them if they arexpecting to receive any lefty J-45TVs in the coming months. If they all say no, then you are left with the only option being to order one, as Juan Carlos often does. I think most people here would say that you can feel confident ordering a J-45TV that it will sound good.

Lefty ,

I've worked with Fuller's many times and if gibson does start doing customs/lefties again next year at least my process is a 3 step process :

1) I ask them about a model on the website I liked/ or maybe a gibson I saw on youtube or in a picture

2) Fuller's contacts montana and gets a quote ... If I really want the guitar I lay down half of what the quote said and the order is placed

3) I wait for the guitar (I got a J 35 and a L00 in 4 months) but had to wait around 7 months for stuff like the (1930's Sj 200 or the Century of Progress)

the good thing about waiting is you have more time to save up + the quality is there and I'm sure what ever you order will be up to your standards .

I'm sorry you had trouble with some of your Martins but I'm sure your gibson experience will be much better =) .

Leftyguy a forum memeber here from the UK has a lefty Hummingbird TV and Southern Jumbo which he ordered through Wildwood guitars and he is very happy with them .

JC

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated. I really want the TV but hate waiting. I like Wildwood they at least show what they have in stock and always seem to have a fair number of lefties on hand. Plus I love the dude that does their video reviews on YouTube.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Much appreciated. I really want the TV but hate waiting. I like Wildwood they at least show what they have in stock and always seem to have a fair number of lefties on hand. Plus I love the dude that does their video reviews on YouTube.

As you know that the mobile jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

As you know that the mobile jammer can cut off the signals of the mobile phones and soon make it impossible to make phone calls or send messages. In this way when you need the peaceful condition and want to stay in it, you can just use the best mobile jammer to help you achieve your goal. And now as the technology develops with high speed the advanced 4G jammer has come into the market and are well welcomed by the group of people who need the jammer product.

Welcome! We welcome all Grateful Dead Fans Here.... Make your self at home. LSD on the left... Panama Red on the right... Cold Miller in the fridge.

Archived