Gibson Brands Forums

Custom Shop Custom Color Double Neck

joerom

post-59227-068992500 1378652701_thumb.jpgpost-59227-038398100 1378652711_thumb.jpgHello All,

I had posted this on the SG forum,but I just saw this forum and this may be the place for it.............................................

I am new here and have wanted a new EDS-1275 Double Neck..I was told by Gibson I could not order one but may still be able to find a Don Felder version at a dealer..I did not care for that one,but kept searching..After much searching I did manage to find an ES-1275 new..Actually they had two left..They had a candy apple red one and a black one with VOS finish..I ended up with both of them sort of by accident..My understandin is that they had six custom color guitars,of various colors and these were the last two..They say 2012 on the paperwork in the case..Thay have the Certificate of Authenticity that they are Custom Shop guitars..I would like to know more about them,because Gibson did not make any in 2012 as far as I can tell..My guess is that these six guitars were made from leftover Don Felder parts because of the VOS finish on everything..I did not know who to contact on this,so I am trying here and maybe somebody could shed some light on this..

I ordered them without being set up and I have been playing the Candy Apple Red one and it is a real nice looking guitar..As of yet,I have not set up or played the black one,because I am not sure what I am doing with it yet,because my preference is for the red one..Has there ever been a Candy Red or Black one with the Vos finish..Also,why are they listed as ES-1275 rather than EDS-1275..............................

• 1 year later...

I'm no expert but I'm a big Jimmy Page fan and have owned two EDS-1275s in my lifetime, one I still own, and have spent a lot of time looking at EDS-1275s. I can tell you one thing I noticed about yours. They both have the short 12-string headstock like the 1275s made in the '70s. Alex Lifeson's original white double-neck had this type of headstock I think.

Archived