Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
onewilyfool

How old are you Hound dogs????

Just to clarify...this poll is asking your CHRONOLOGICAL age not your "second childhood" age........please don't put down the age of your liver or prostate.......Let's get a cross-section of the age groups that play Gibson's in this forum.

Just to clarify...this poll is asking your CHRONOLOGICAL age not your "second childhood" age........please don't put down the age of your liver or prostate.......Let's get a cross-section of the age groups that play Gibson's in this forum.

Hmmm... this was a clarification of high importance for me. Personally, I seem to got stuck to my early twenties, and as musician I am some kind of an experienced beginner [biggrin]

I'm 63, and I fel it sometimes, doesn't bother me much, only when I think how many years have I got left to play my beloved guitars?....

I'll never tell...but my house was built around the time A Lincoln was born. Next year I can collect SS. I'll be shopping guitars with my first check.

Double nickel in October.

Does look like the older dogs have the Gibby's. Same with the Harley's too. "And that's alright with me" I think there's some songs with that line.

Aster

I am in my mid-60s and if Gracie was right and you are only as pretty as you feel I must be one ugly mother.

One advantage though - behavior that used to be considered plain ornery is now seen as eccentric.

I was 66 at the end of June and still "living proof" that the ladies like guitar players and that most "in the know" and discerning guitar players play Gibsons. [thumbup]

And that 1930s and 1940s Martins cost a whole lot more than Gibsons.

The other night a friend of mine noted that you know you are old when you sit around comparing arrest records and FBI files to see who can claim the bragging rights for mine is bigger than yours.

This year, I will be 570.

I have been learning guitar since I was 8, and it is getting there......hard to learn though, but everyone says to keep trying.

BluesKing777.

You must have your 10,000 hours in by now. Just give up.

If ya'd asked a coupla weeks ago, I coulda shaded a younger bubble, but alas...I'm officially in the second half of the first decade in my second half-century.

!!!!

I recently read a quote attributed to Victor Hugo, along the lines of: "Your forties are the old age of your childhood; your fifties are the childhood of your old age."

Works for me...

I am in my mid-60s and if Gracie was right and you are only as pretty as you feel I must be one ugly mother

That was a line written by the short-lived Airplane drummer Joey Covington, actually (not Gracie).

Intriguing song, tho - Jack,Jorma,Santana et al jamming for 20 mins - then lyrics added later, cut down to 4 mins et voila - an album track...

The other night a friend of mine noted that you know you are old when you sit around comparing arrest records and FBI files to see who can claim the bragging rights for mine is bigger than yours.

damn! we Canadians miss out on all the good stuff!

That was a line written by the short-lived Airplane drummer Joey Covington, actually (not Gracie).

Intriguing song, tho - Jack,Jorma,Santana et al jamming for 20 mins - then lyrics added later, cut down to 4 mins et voila - an album track...

Actually I was and am still not nuts about that song. The post Dryden LP covers though were a lot of fun. I miss the traditional Thanksgiving shows.