Gibson Brands Forums

1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom question

Guitar God

Be sure to read and think about my post in the strap lock thread.

Some reason the Customs test the Dunlop weight limits.

I read it, man. Appreciate the info. My 1985 Explorer is just as heavy as my 1982 Les Paul Custom and I've had no problems with them out of it. It's a little bit lighter than my Les Paul Custom, but not by much.

That is a sweet looking LP. I think most of us on this forum wouldn't have balked at paying $2000 for it as long as it played and sounded good. It is beautiful looking - you got a great guitar at a great price - keep it. And oh yeah - play it like you stole it - cause you just about did!!

That is a sweet looking LP. I think most of us on this forum wouldn't have balked at paying $2000 for it as long as it played and sounded good. It is beautiful looking - you got a great guitar at a great price - keep it. And oh yeah - play it like you stole it - cause you just about did!!

Thanks, man! 2nd or not, I know I got this guitar for steal. Especially considering how much Les Paul Custom's are new. This guitar plays and sounds FANTASTIC!!! It's in REALLY good shape for being an '82 model. Trust me, this guitar isn't going NOWHERE! Gibson is my favorite brand, so ANY Gibson I get is a keeper. [biggrin]

Archived