Gibson Brands Forums

Mesa Boogie clearance

DiamondJig

A note from GC

As you are aware, we've been closing out our Mesa Boogie inventory for the past couple of months. The time has come to clear our amp floor of Mesa Boogie completely. During our End of Summer clearance sale, all Mesa Boogie amps will be at ridiculous prices. Some units will be at, or even below, cost. And I mean WAY below cost. For example, Mesa Boogie Stiletto 4x12 cabinets for only $299.97 (were $1058.00), Triple Rectifier heads for $1499.97 (were $2099.00) and Express 5:50 1x12 Combos for only $699.97 (were $1399.00).

Please make sure your customers know that not every deal will be available in every location. Since these are closeout prices, we cannot make any substitutions or accept any rainchecks. This is a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED situation and inventory is not the same in every store, so please consult the clearance list that has been provided to see exactly what you have available.

This is an unprecedented sale and it's unlikely that your customers will ever see new, warrantied Mesa Boogie amps at these prices ever again.

Wow, Mesas are such good amps and their cabs are some of the most well made cabs in the market today. I am already all set with my Mesas but somebody is going to get a good deal.

NOt all GCs carry Mesa though, they do not here in Nashville, at least I have never seen any there.

Sounds like some good deals.

Did Mesa every correct their reliability issues? I always stayed away from them as a gigging guitarist because while they sounded great they tended to blow up half way through the first set. But that was back in the 80s - maybe they improved, but it was predictable that they would break down back then.

Did Mesa every correct their reliability issues? I always stayed away from them as a gigging guitarist because while they sounded great they tended to blow up half way through the first set. But that was back in the 80s - maybe they improved, but it was predictable that they would break down back then.

Yes, nowdays their stuff is first rate and their customer service is second to none. Look at all the serious artists using them. I have an older 5:50 head and it is amazing in every way; build quality, versatility and most important, tone.

It appears that there was some issue with the number of Mesa effect pedals GC was willing to stock. So, the children at the top couldn't get along and decided it was easier to stick their tounges out at each other and part ways.

Don't hesitate picking up any of the Mesa stuff that is being sold at this divorce sale. If you're in the market, it's a steal.

I had an early 80's cane front, SOB maybe? I don't remember which it was. Never got a decent sound out of it, too fiddly for me. Sold it after 6 months, lost my shirt on it, haven't owned one since.

rct

I don't get their amps. Yes, they are well built, but talk about over engineered: millions of knobs, thousands of toggle switches, a couple push/pull knobs, a couple hundred trim pots, and eight or nine FX loops. Maybe it is the thrill of having a new sound each time the amp is moved and some knobs get nudged and some toggle switches get switched?

I don't get their amps. Yes, they are well built, but talk about over engineered: millions of knobs, thousands of toggle switches, a couple push/pull knobs, a couple hundred trim pots, and eight or nine FX loops. Maybe it is the thrill of having a new sound each time the amp is moved and some knobs get nudged and some toggle switches get switched?

You must be talking about the latest ones - Road King etc.

I would not change my Maverick 1 x 12 for any other amp.

I use every knob in my Mesa, having a full set of controls for each channel doubles or triples the number of knobs, it ain't rocket science really.

Mesas are like BMWs. Over-engineered? Yes, does it make a difference? Yes

+1

My Lonestar Special gives me any sound I can imagine.

With the 2x12 cab it rules, As far as reliability , after a simple mod

(done on warranty) the problem with the rectifier was gone for good.

You must be talking about the latest ones - Road King etc.

I would not change my Maverick 1 x 12 for any other amp.

Ha, no. Do you need all of those toggle switches on the Maverick? My favorite is their low wattage amp (forgot the model name). Low wattage amps are supposed to be simple little work horses; a volume knob and maybe a tone knob. Theirs has so many knobs and toggle switches. Ridiculous.

Ha, no. Do you need all of those toggle switches on the Maverick? My favorite is their low wattage amp (forgot the model name). Low wattage amps are supposed to be simple little work horses; a volume knob and maybe a tone knob. Theirs has so many knobs and toggle switches. Ridiculous.

Maybe before you call them ridiculous, you might want to learn how to use one. [biggrin]

Archived