Gibson Brands Forums

Black Market Clash

STEVIL

So, made the long trek to London today to visit The Clash Black Market Pop up shop in Soho. Well worth the visit imho - always been a huge fan since way back. Plenty of memorabilia, plus a lot of the bands equipment and stage wear etc. Gibson missed a trick too, as Fender had their own corner of the downstairs, where they let you play Clash numbers on a few Tele's, order guitars and amps, and enter a competition to win a Bass, or Tele. Here is a bit of a collage I did with a few pics I took. At the bottom left is Paul Simonon's bass which was smashed on the front of the 'London Calling' album.

_127.jpg

Looks like a good time for a Clash fan!

Particularly love the busted bass from the "London Calling" cover. Being a history buff, in general, musical artifacts—with a story behind them—like that bass always attract my attention.

Who's the bloke in the Pea Coat at the bottom-right image?

Looks like a good time for a Clash fan!

Particularly love the busted bass from the "London Calling" cover. Being a history buff, in general, musical artifacts—with a story behind them—like that bass always attract my attention.

Who's the bloke in the Pea Coat at the bottom-right image?

It's not a big place, I think one of the record companies must of bought the site for this kind of event, there was a similar experience when the last Hendrix LP came out (People, Hell and Angels), but I missed that one :(. They seem to last 2 weeks, and then close down for the next artist.

The guy you mentioned James, is basically just some random dude, I took a couple of shots of the shop to add in, there is one top right too.

That's extremely cool Stevie :)

I bet that was very exciting for you, I know your a fan.

Sounds like it was a very well thought up attraction to visit as well. :)

Cool pictures by the way .[thumbup]

Thanks Donny! It wasn't so much I was fascinated about all the artefacts from the bands history, but it was more that bass - there is so much history steeped in it, the fact that it is in one of the most iconic rock images ever taken. Also seeing Joe's Tele was great. I thank my stars that I was lucky enough to have seen them live back in 1980, although this was great fun to visit. If you're in London, and near Berwick street in Soho, it's well worth a punt! [thumbup]

So, made the long trek to London today to visit The Clash Black Market Pop up shop in Soho. Well worth the visit imho - always been a huge fan since way back. Plenty of memorabilia, plus a lot of the bands equipment and stage wear etc. Gibson missed a trick too, as Fender had their own corner of the downstairs, where they let you play Clash numbers on a few Tele's, order guitars and amps, and enter a competition to win a Bass, or Tele. Here is a bit of a collage I did with a few pics I took. At the bottom left is Paul Simonon's bass which was smashed on the front of the 'London Calling' album.

_127.jpg

Very cool pics, one of my fav bands from that era.

Archived