Gibson Brands Forums

They've GOT to stop the madness!!!!

onewilyfool

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you think about it ... gibson did variants of the original mahogany J 45's and SJ's with Maple for the J 45's and Rosewood for the SJ's .

so it's not anything new ... If you research the prewar Sj 200 you can see some had imperial tuners others had sealfast tuners ... some had a birds beak and some didn't .

so mixing specs and using other woods has been done for a while now ... Why not let the builders in montana have fun ??? someone can always get a mahogany J 45 if that is what he or she wants .

that's just my opinion ... it's a freaking thrill for me to go on the website and read the specs and see pictures of the guitars on dealer websites or facebook .

JC

The point here is it's ok if Fullers makes a mahogany short-scale AJ. That is just what Wily was looking for and all well and good. But if Music Villa makes a deal with Gibson Acoustic to have special J-45s made with some unusual rosewood the factory happened to get, that would be a horse of a different color. Unacceptable madness that has GOT to be stopped!

The point here is it's ok if Fullers makes a mahogany short-scale AJ. That is just what Wily was looking for and all well and good. But if Music Villa makes a deal with Gibson Acoustic to have special J-45s made with some unusual rosewood the factory happened to get, that's unacceptable madness that has GOT to be stopped!

What is this idiot talking about?????.....lol......

OWF ,

I know it's hard sometimes when people start talking like that . but please just try and ignore that stuff

peace

JC

Talking like what? Pointing out that the whole business about 'too many J-45 versions' is a canard that belongs over on AGF?

Who wants to live in a world that ONLY has Vanilla ice cream....

Vanilla

Original Vanilla

French Vanilla

Natural Vanilla

Natural Vanilla Bean

Centennial Vanilla Bean

Vanilla Bean

Yankees Vanilla

Slow Churned Vanilla

Homemade Vanilla

Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla

Peaches & Homemade Vanilla

Reduced Fat Vanilla

Vanilla with a caramel swirl

Triple Vanilla

Classic Vanilla

Extra Creamy Vanilla

Vanilla Fudge Twirl

Chunky Chocolate Vanilla

Cherry Vanilla

Yes, these are all real!

Vanilla

Original Vanilla

French Vanilla

Natural Vanilla

Natural Vanilla Bean

Centennial Vanilla Bean

Vanilla Bean

Yankees Vanilla

Slow Churned Vanilla

Homemade Vanilla

Strawberries & Homemade Vanilla

Peaches & Homemade Vanilla

Reduced Fat Vanilla

Vanilla with a caramel swirl

Triple Vanilla

Classic Vanilla

Extra Creamy Vanilla

Vanilla Fudge Twirl

Chunky Chocolate Vanilla

Cherry Vanilla

Yes, these are all real!

You in the ice cream business Mr silver ?

Don't you people remember anything? This is the year that Henry looked at the Montana price list and fainted. He saw the goofy list of insane product and said....."No more Custom guitars and trim the line back to the very basics." Can't you remember that they are not taking any custom orders? They are only making the very basic Gibson line. They have a warehouse full of all the goofy variations of each model and no one is buying them. No one.

One Gibson employee told us they would be taking custom orders by August. Anyone tried to order a custom Gibson? I don't think so..... They thought they could sell the overstock by then. It didn't happen. The GM was let go and now we have a very dangerous situation brewing. A warehouse full of "one of a kind guitars" and no one to buy them and no GM to direct sales sell thru.

Having said all of that I would like to put in my two cents. Stop the name calling. Jerry is not an idiot. He is probably the most accomplished guy on this forum. The man calling Jerry names is the very same person that thinks that Hide Glue is Hyde glue. The very same guy that was amazed to find out that Gibson made a long scale Rosewwood A.J. and if that isn't bad enough he actually thinks that playing in a coffee house for free is a "gig". I could go on but I think I made my point. I can hardly wait to read his response...

Don't you people remember anything? This is the year that Henry looked at the Montana price list and fainted. He saw the goofy list of insane product and said....."No more Custom guitars and trim the line back to the very basics." Can't you remember that they are not taking any custom orders? They are only making the very basic Gibson line. They have a warehouse full of all the goofy variations of each model and no one is buying them. No one.

One Gibson employee told us they would be taking custom orders by August. Anyone tried to order a custom Gibson? I don't think so..... They thought they could sell the overstock by then. It didn't happen. The GM was let go and now we have a very dangerous situation brewing. A warehouse full of "one of a kind guitars" and no one to buy them and no GM to direct sales sell thru.

Having said all of that I would like to put in my two cents. Stop the name calling. Jerry is not an idiot. He is probably the most accomplished guy on this forum. The man calling Jerry names is the very same person that thinks that Hide Glue is Hyde glue. The very same guy that was amazed to find out that Gibson made a long scale Rosewwood A.J. and if that isn't bad enough he actually thinks that playing in a coffee house for free is a "gig". I could go on but I think I made my point. I can hardly wait to read his response...

So what happened, exactly? I know they put on another shift or something. So putting two and two together here, I suppose they had extra production capacity but no matching orders, so somebody arbitrarily decided which models and variations to build?

This forum is hilarious

Archived