Gibson Brands Forums

Great review of New Les Paul R9

IanHenry

Hi,

over here in the U.K, there's a large part of the October edition of Guitarist magazine dedicated to 59 Les Pauls culminating in a review of the 2013 model R9. They give the latest model a fantastic write up, you should check it out if you can get your hands on a copy.

There's also an article on the original 59's written by someone who's a renowned expert repairer of those instruments, who is in so much demand that he only wants to be referred to by his online trading name, "Over The Pond Guy" (OTPG. Never heard of him, but it may be interesting to check him out.

Ian.

I just picked up my first issue a few days ago of Guitarist Magazine here in the states at Barnes & Nobles Book store which was $16 USD (ouch). Great magazine but I have a question for you - my magazine states that it is the Summer 2013 Issue with the PRS S2 on the cover. When you refer to the October Issue - would that be considered the Fall 2013 Issue here in the USA? I'd love to read the article/review you're referring to and was just wondering if there is a monthly version of this magazine in the UK versus a seasonal issue here in the US?

Archived