Gibson Brands Forums

Cops say drunken vandals spray-painted Hendrix statue

CoreyT

Leave Barry alone you know you had his Live album like everyone else.

Im a Pepper your a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Be a Pepper, Drink Dr Pepper...

Oh Mandy...

I write the songs that make the whole world sing, I write the songs of love and special things...

Shrek I have one of Barry's album and that was back in day. Have not purchase one since then. I have to say the boy can write those songs.

That is just stupid and is grossly disrespectful of a person who has died,no matter who it is,but to do that to one of Seattle's natives sons who preached peace,love and understanding is just horrendous. The punks who did this should be nailed high up a telephone pole by their naughty bits and have a half dozen cans of spray paint forced into each and every orifice in their body.Seriously they should be fined heavily for starters and then be made to not only remove the damage that they did but should be made to clean up graffiti every day for at least a month,maybe they wouldn't be so quick to do such stupid and disrespectful acts in the future.Graffiti is becoming a near epidemic in our capital city especially and the majority of it is being done by a "crew" of like minded wankers who feel that they have an obligation to deface every bare vertical space that they can reach.The police and council recently made a concerted effort to break up this vandalizing brother hood and has arrested at least a dozen of them so far and it seems that the courts are going to be anything but lenient with them.Some downtown shop owners have spent thousands of dollars cleaning off graffiti only to have it go right back there again,so some strategic placement of hidden cameras has helped get these twits off the streets.

The sad thing is that some of these guys are very talented artists and could possibly make good money selling their art or working for some commercial art firm,yet they choose to smoke up and live off Mommy and Daddy and be a nuisance to the whole city,rather than be upstanding and contributing members of the community.

Leave Barry alone you know you had his Live album like everyone else.

Im a Pepper your a Pepper wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too?

Be a Pepper, Drink Dr Pepper...

Oh Mandy...

I write the songs that make the whole world sing, I write the songs of love and special things...

nope, no room in the 8-trac case with Elton Johns & Rod Stewarts Greatest Hits, Donnie & Marie, Elvis Greatest, 2 full ELO albums, The 5th Dimensions Greatest Hits, & 2 Diff. tapes of Jim Croce.

Mrs.B. had Barry M. when I met her.

my 1st wife was a Don Williams "Superfan".

I think I need a shower now........

That's awesome :)

That's one thing I miss about the 70s is the diverse music collections.

Back then you bought a 8 track or LP only knowing or hearing one song.

I got the Smash Hits 8 track only hearing Foxy Lady when I was 12 I remember it clearly.

It was one of those green looking 8 track cartridges.

That began an obsession that has ran as long and as deep as KISS, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Aerosmith.

Proud Owner.

1185355_3384515788420_1841639857_n.jpg

Oh my, thats quite the collection. Over how many years did you accumulate this awesomeness?

The Dagger Records are recent as well, I have all the bootlegs but its nice to get official copies that's been worked over.

I have a large Jimi collection although I've stopped now and haven't bought the last 2 releases -"Valleys of Neptune" or whatever...I got fed up around the time of 'Voodoo Soup' which I think was one of the last Alan Douglas ones - he released an alternate of "Stepping Stone" and replaced Mitch's drum track with the drummer of The Knack I think it was - Bruce Gary, who may be a good bloke and as big a Hendrix fan as you or me but...they shouldn't have done that.

However "South Saturn Delta" is brilliantly put together and I also had to buy "Live At Clark University" which is on Dagger; only a few tracks but absolutely the best most awe-inspiring head-crunching "Purple Haze" you will ever hear, IMO the best live version I know of. They are tuned down a whole tone so it sounds in concert D which may have something to do with it.

As for the statue I think they should be made to graffiti-art it properly, it might look a whole lot better. He was a human being with a lot of creative intelligence and determination...I mean sure, it's well made and designed and all but the posturing wild man bit was just that, a showbiz posture. I doubt if those kids knew anything about who he was anyway.

Regards!

Archived