Gibson Brands Forums

What were you doing when you were 10 yeas old...

Rick Doeschler

"What were you doing when you were 10 yeas old"....

Probably playing with dinky toys,,,,

Hey,, we can't all be prodigies....

For what it's worth,, I was playing guitar. I went through 5 or 6 Mel Bay books.

Then by about grade 7 I quit and didn't pick it up again until I was 21.

So I was playing guitar when I was 10.

Except I was playing Turkey in the Straw and was not on stage with Ozzy..

lol

At 10 I was playing soccer, riding my bike with my pals, having lots of fights (I always ended up in scraps, much to the dismay of my parents! :rolleyes: ), reading DC and Marvel comics and skateboarding. Guitars were a few years away yet, I couldn't even be bothered to hit the Triangle in time in the school play [laugh] !

I got my first guitar-a hand me down no-name relic from my uncle- the day that I turned 10 years old.That kid got quite a head start on me.Derek Trucks first appeared on stage with the Allman Brothers when he was at the tender age of 11.

I got my first guitar-a hand me down no-name relic from my uncle- the day that I turned 10 years old.That kid got quite a head start on me.Derek Trucks first appeared on stage with the Allman Brothers when he was at the tender age of 11.

Trust me, a bunch of 50 year old chainsmokers blowing through One Way Out with a little kid up there is just creepy at best. Dicky had his Bud right over by Dereks amp!

Weird I tell you, just weird it was.

rct

Archived