Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pariah63b

second SCS 1.d not detecting

So I have two stanton scs 1d's and a stanton scs 1m mixer. I have re installed all three of their firmwares, and have tried almost every possible combination of firewire daisy chain orderings, installation orderings, and have installed and reinstalled the system at least 20 times now. It will detect and install one 1d and the mixer and they will work, but I really need help getting the second 1d identified and installed. On DaRouter software it shows the identification number always as 00000 for both the mixer and one deck. I have tried both decks and they both work, and will install, but not at the same time.

Apparently when you did the update it wiped the device ID.

They guys in service can send you the program to re-generate the Device ID.

Until you create a device ID on at least one of the decks they both will read '00000' and only one will be recognized by DaRouter.

After that you should be back to normal.

P.M. me if you have trouble reaching them and I can find the program.

Hope this helps,

GPA~DJ

When this happened to me the problem was bad FireWire cables. The SC System is very finicky about the quality of the cables, even ones that previously worked just fine will suddenly go bad with no warning. Try to avoid daisy chaining if possible, connecting each part directly to your firewire card.

I'm actually on my way to buy new cables for the second time right now. I'll report back and let you know how well directly connecting each deck to my PC works out. Thankfully my FireWire card has three ports.

EDIT: Welp, cables didn't work. I'm thinking that it's probably the FW card, even though it has a TI chipset. My 1M reads 00000, but the even though both my 1Ds have a device ID they still won't both work at the same time. Even when the 1M is unplugged. Time to contact support and wait a year for them to never respond, just like always...