Gibson Brands Forums

Don't step on them. Uh huh-huh

ParlourMan

At's right, PM. The drugged out antics of Elvis, as he hauled his pudgy arse around, pulling over and 'arresting' motorists as Tricky **** Nixon's 'special' narc, led to one of the few documentable perfect karmic circles. Marginally talented, though idolized and wealthy, he ended up a victim of a clogged artery and a turd too big to push. American doody.

At's right, PM. The drugged out antics of Elvis, as he hauled his pudgy arse around, pulling over and 'arresting' motorists as Tricky **** Nixon's 'special' narc, led to one of the few documentable perfect karmic circles. Marginally talented, though idolized and wealthy, he ended up a victim of a clogged artery and a turd too big to push. American doody.

Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies!

Nothing but lies and more lies.

Perpertrated by that evil haydresser......

BluesKing777.

Sorry, nice shoes.

Probably fair to say by today's standards he'd be referred to as a bloke who started out with what seemed as Oedipus syndrome and morphed into a bit of a paedo.

Personally I'm rather amused by the fat Elvis stage and the proposition of him being afraid of the Beatles, the gun toting agency-man wannabe and what not. Hilarious. What a headbanger. Let's be honest a bit of a fat paranoid wreck bongo'd out his box on the pills is a massive step up from a brylcremed lad with a 'gun in his pocket' for his own old dear who went on to marry kids and keep volumes of Polaroids of wee kids in white knickers and all that.

How ironic his kid ended up entangled with another deadly paedo, the Jackson & Presley clan were setting the benchmark for the 1970s bbc cases by the looks of things.

I fell that there is not a little tiny bit of respect ...for the man that start and move everything in the 50's I'm new around here and I don't want to argue with anyone but as an Elvis fan, and a rock and roll lover I think that we should only judge musician or artist for their artistic works...thats all...personal life....as it say's it's personal....

regards

EOT1977

I fell that there is not a little tiny bit of respect ...for the man that start and move everything in the 50's I'm new around here and I don't want to argue with anyone but as an Elvis fan, and a rock and roll lover I think that we should only judge musician or artist for their artistic works...thats all...personal life....as it say's it's personal....

regards

EOT1977

So you think a small period of debatable artistic merit should negate the fact that he would be classed as a sexual predator by today's standards? Come on fella....

Would you let him babysit your kids? Jackson too?

Exactly.......

So priscilla was of legal age before he curled his lip and gave her an uh-huh-huh....... blinded by fanship there fella. I've no probs with folk liking Elvis, none at all, but come on call a spade a spade, he was 'dodgy dealing' with the minors.....

Uh, could we get back to your blue suede shoes, which I really fancy? [unsure] Think I might like the slip-on version with the gold buckle........

I thought that they were cool (including the inner lining), but then I saw Paxman on Newsnight yesterday. He's stolen your thunder. No photos online as yet, but it did happen. And with that beard as well... Clearly his producer did not threaten to overrule him. Forget Del's (in other circumstances perfectly reasonable) sartorial advice. To catch up with J-Pax, you now need to wear them with a grey two-piece suit, and grey one-piece facial hair.

Alternatively, send them off to the Gibson Custom Shop and have them resprayed in Pelham Blue. This would keep the Custom cupboard people busy without adding to the backlog of weird and wonderful guitars. Pax would never be seen in Pelham Blue suede shoes. Nor would Clarkson for that matter.

Alternatively, send them off to the Gibson Custom Shop and have them resprayed in Pelham Blue. This would keep the Custom cupboard people busy without adding to the backlog of weird and wonderful guitars. Pax would never be seen in Pelham Blue suede shoes. Nor would Clarkson for that matter.

I am somewhat convinced this Pelham Blue run is going to be an abomination.... crazy colours screams cheap looking guitar to me.

I am somewhat convinced this Pelham Blue run is going to be an abomination.... crazy colours screams cheap looking guitar to me.

Yup. With you there. It's not that I don't like that blue in itself. And on a Fender it might look expensive and scream custom shop. But somehow it looks a bit cheap on a 335 or Trini Lopez or whatever. Even on cut-price Gibsons like Melody Makers and LP Juniors, which have tended to look good in gaudy paint jobs, Pelham just looks a bit low rent. Not as good as TV yellow in any case. To each their own, I suppose. But on a J45? On the one hand a guitar famed for its 'warm', mid-heavy and woody sound (i.e. not 'cold', trebly and metallic). On the other hand the coldest of metallic blues. An interesting, or rather odd prospect. Now on a Fender Kingman, with that strat headstock, I might be persuaded. The Fender goldie ones look cooler than the gold top J45. Just because it works on a Les Paul doesn't mean it will look good on a Gibson acoustic...

Archived