Gibson Brands Forums

Brother in law fail !!!

Rabs

So my brother in law bought me a guitar related T-Shirt last week... He knows what guitars I like as I talk about it enough (hes not into guitars at all)...

And so I was really surprised when he turned up with the shirt as hes never bought me anything like that before

20130924_163925_zps09a7138b.jpg

FAIL!!!!!!

hahaha, no seriously I actually really like it.. and even though I don't own a Fender obviously I have full respect for the "OTHER" big guitar brand :P lol

Same thing happened to me but with an office Secret Santa. The person that had me knew i was a guitarist and she got me a Fender T-Shirt which I actually wear quite oftern even though I don't own a fender. Sadly I do not have a gibson shirt. If anyone wants to sene me one however. [thumbup]

Kind of like my mother-in-law. She knows I'm a Gibson player yet last summer she went and gave me a Martin. Oh well.

Lol.. such a burden.. let me help you with that brother.. send any gifts like that my way ;) :)

your B.I.L. buys you stuff???

wow...... :unsure:

27+ yrs w/my current Mrs.....and my BIL & I haven't bought each other ANYTHING yet.......

best thing he ever did for me was move out of our home, owing $400 back rent (never seen a dime of it), and telling his parents the lie that i'd tried to force him to abuse drugs as the reason he moved out.(my Mrs. kicked him out when she walked into our bathroom & caught him w/a syringe in his leg). that was 24 yrs ago. He's still a waste of air.

your B.I.L. buys you stuff???

wow...... :unsure:

27+ yrs w/my current Mrs.....and my BIL & I haven't bought each other ANYTHING yet.......

best thing he ever did for me was move out of our home, owing $400 back rent (never seen a dime of it), and telling his parents the lie that i'd tried to force him to abuse drugs as the reason he moved out.(my Mrs. kicked him out when she walked into our bathroom & caught him w/a syringe in his leg). that was 24 yrs ago. He's still a waste of air.

Lol... yeah its not a normal event that he buys me things (actually apart from xmas and bdays I think this is the first time ever) :)

Is the whole thing a gigantic misunderstanding?

Fender is a UK synonym for Bumper

So is this actually a lady's T shirt?

Pardon my levity... <_<

V

:-({|=

Well I actually thought Fender was an American word? We do usually use the word bumper.

But even if that was the case I would put car stuff more with men than women :)

Either way I like it so whatever [thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns

Well I actually thought Fender was an American word? We do usually use the word bumper.

But even if that was the case I would put car stuff more with men than women :)

Either way I like it so whatever [thumbup]

Actually Rabs, I believe what they call a fender in the US is what we call a wing or, on a bike, a mud guard. I've often wondered why. It would make sense to call a bumper a fender but it doesn't make sense to call a wing a fender in my book.

Ho hum, no sleep lost.

Actually Rabs, I believe what they call a fender in the US is what we call a wing or, on a bike, a mud guard. I've often wondered why. It would make sense to call a bumper a fender but it doesn't make sense to call a wing a fender in my book.

Ho hum, no sleep lost.

I think we started calling them fenders back when the really old cars had big fenders that came out over the wheels. Now days it doesn't make much sense because the wheel well is doing all the "defending"

In America a "wing" on a car is usually a spoiler or "whale tail"

Guest Farnsbarns

I think we started calling them fenders back when the really old cars had big fenders that came out over the wheels. Now days it doesn't make much sense because the wheel well is doing all the "defending"

In America a "wing" on a car is usually a spoiler or "whale tail"

Yep, that's also a wing here. We like to give 2 completely different things the same name, it makes life more complicated and us Brits don't like things easy.

Archived