Greatest Album Ever?

kaleb

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snapback.pngkidblast, on 26 September 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

right..

they don't make em like they used to...

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">snapback.pngrct, on 26 September 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

They don't buy 'em like they used to.

rct

When is the last time you experienced a modern album/CD/whatever that even came close to being one you could stand to actually listen to beginning to end?

Even in the day, there were very few acts that could consistently put out albums that were worthy of beginning to end play.

I say not buying them like they used to is a good thing. We're no longer forced to buy contrived drivel designed to fill empty space "on the other side"

But, to the main point, the paradigm has shifted making old measures N/A for modern times.

And if anybody would care to write a "Multiquoting for Dummies" book, I'll buy it :)

My point was more about the huge decrease in physical copies of albums and the prevalence of digital singles. It was not a comment on the quality of music. I still find full albums I enjoy. Not as many, but that is because I do not have as much time as I'd like to search stuff out.

Very interesting to see all the Love for Led Zeppelin's I and II. I would have to peg IV as the clear far and away winner of best Zeppelin album, I mean, talk about a band at the top of their game.

As others have said, too tough to choose just one, some of the best IMHO in no particular order, criteria being an album from top to bottom (*all* songs) as an overall effort:

Led Zeppelin : IV

Beatles : Sgt. Peppers

AC/DC : Back in Black

Pink Floyd : Wish you were here

Metallica : Black album

Van Halen : Van Halen (I)

Rush : Moving Pictures

Edited to add: Ozzy Ozborne: Diary of a Madman.... killer album

Very interesting to see all the Love for Led Zeppelin's I and II. I would have to peg IV as the clear far and away winner of best Zeppelin album, I mean, talk about a band at the top of their game.

As others have said, too tough to choose just one, some of the best IMHO in no particular order, criteria being an album from top to bottom (*all* songs) as an overall effort:

Led Zeppelin : IV

Beatles : Sgt. Peppers

AC/DC : Back in Black

Pink Floyd : Wish you were here

Metallica : Black album

Van Halen : Van Halen (I)

Rush : Moving Pictures

Edited to add: Ozzy Ozborne: Diary of a Madman.... killer album

Led Zeppelin : IV - NOPE

Beatles : Sgt. Peppers - NOPE

AC/DC : Back in Black - NOPE

Pink Floyd : Wish you were here - NOPE

Metallica : Black album - NOPE

Van Halen : Van Halen (I) - YEP!

Rush : Moving Pictures- NOPE

Ozzy Ozborne: Diary of a Madman - YEP! (though Blizzard is BEAST!)

here are my candidates for best album ever

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Judas Priest - British Steel

Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell

Dio - Last In Line

Slipknot - Volume 3 The Subliminal Versus

Megadeth - Rust In Peace

Slayer - Seasons The Abyss

Rammstein - Mutter

Rush - Mutter

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery

Archived