Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LC-1 Cascade

drum8109

I picked up an LC-1 Cascade at a music store. I thought it had a really good sound for a small body acoustic guitar. I thought it was a real steal for the price. I know it has a spruce top and Rosewood back and sides. I was wondering if anyone knows why there is no info on the Gibson website about this guitar. I remember it being there about 4 or 5 years ago.... any help????

I was wondering if anyone knows why there is no info on the Gibson website about this guitar. I remember it being there about 4 or 5 years ago.... any help????

The LC's are no longer regular production models, and haven't been for awhile. The CJ-165 now fills that ecological niche. When was yours built?

-- Bob R

rar... how can I find out when it was built?

Oops! I already responded to your PM (explaining how Gibson S/Ns work). Most people here know, since we go though it every once in awhile.

-- Bob R

• 1 year later...

My local GC has had a Cascade sitting int heir used section for a while now (unless of course you live in Dallas and just bought it). I play it every time I go in, and it's very tempting to take it home. Neat guitar. They also have a Cedar/Mahogany version which would make a really cool fingerstyle guitar.

Archived