Gibson Brands Forums

New LG-2 AE - Impressive Build

bobouz

Have been lusting after the new LG-2 American Eagle since it first came out. Buying an acoustic guitar sight unseen is not the norm for me, but with only one left in stock & a coupon price just slightly north of a grand & a half, the trigger was blindly pulled.

Interestingly, this instrument was incorrectly advertised as a vintage sunburst. After ordering, I saw pictures of the new sunburst LG-2 Americana model, and truly did not care for the overall look. So thankfully, this guitar turned out to be the natural finish model.

After a critical & OCD fueled inspection, I find everything on this little gem to be spot on regarding build quality, and the tone is very sweet & punchy. The neck on this one is not a mild "V" shape as advertised, but is smoothly curved and extremely comfortable. The fretwork is clean and fast. The neck is dead on straight with no twist. The neck angle & corresponding saddle height is right where I like to see it. The top is nicely bookmatched with no runout, the mahogany back & sides (also bookmatched) have a lovely honey colored hue, and the nitro finish is impeccably applied. Interior work is also exceptionally clean.

Ren may be gone, but the fellows on the floor are still creating musical magic. My thanks to all of you!

Your assessment is spot on! Congrats on picking up a true Gibson gem. The size, light weight, and that fabulous neck make this little LG a monster with tone and play- ability. I also like the Baggs element w/volume control in the sound hole. Mine is quickly becoming a "go to' every day. Hope yours is too. J.D.

Archived