Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Traditional 2012

sellen

A great guitar but i Had some issue with the nut and slots on bridge saddles. slots on nut cut way to deep, causing buzz on 1 fret. Slots on bridge was also badly done. But a graph tech nut and Faber bridge with brass saddles fixed that. Guess it's bad quality control by Gibson, but i got it on sale so i ain't complaining.

So i had her a while, just wanted to show her know after the mods is done.

011_zps865ee3d3.jpg

012_zps44f3ca42.jpg

Here she is with my Gretsch, playing a original song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTTNhPQG3I

Great guitar and I'm glad you fixed it!

If I could take the WayBack machine to the glory days of usenet my response would have been:

Shoulda bought an Epiphone and a lawnmower.

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

rct

now rich, what on earth you gonna do what that lawnmower that hasn't already been done a trillion times...

[flapper]

anyway, not one to hijack threads, (well sometimes..)

my bro-inlaw got one of these bad boys last year.

I love the pickups, it sounds fantastic..

But his needs a setup,, he's yet to get his lazy arse down to the person that would take care of it.

Minor stuff.. mostly nut... I've lubed it, I've coax it with some sand paper, but it needs a proper regulation and I'm not going to touch it from here.

instead, he just *****es when he tunes it and the G string goes, "plink!"

"Dude, have you called him yet..??"

"nooooooo"....

anyhows, congrats, it's a fine axe indeed.

I also picked up a 2012 Traditional recently and had issues with the nut and the high e slipping off the fingerboard. I was able to get it repaired under warranty here in Canada and it plays great now! Great guitars but they need work sometimes, would be nice if Gibson USA paid a bit more attention to these $2000+ guitars when they leave their shop!

looks pretty,,

sad you had to have issues out of the gate.

wonder what percentage have issues leaving the Gibson plant these day? (they must ship thousands per month)

This is not representative since I only got to know a few dozens LPs of different models made during each of these years in person, but I think they must have had some more problems from mid to late 2012. Those from early 2011 on were much better, and those made in 2013, too. This also applies to some Gibson basses. However, they obviously had certain problems with the make of finished L6S fretboards in 2011, too.

I also picked up a 2012 Traditional recently and had issues with the nut and the high e slipping off the fingerboard. I was able to get it repaired under warranty here in Canada and it plays great now! Great guitars but they need work sometimes, would be nice if Gibson USA paid a bit more attention to these $2000+ guitars when they leave their shop!

Same problem on my 2012 Traditional. I paid someone to put a new bone nut on it. Pretty sad considering these guitars are supposedly Plek'd.

My 2013 Traditional was a "scratch and dent". No problems with the setup at all but the pick guard bracket was on a little crooked, caused the pickguard to warp a little. But, it was an easy fix and I got it for 50% off list. The Traditional really is a great guitar. My first new Les Paul in almost 30 years.

It's odd... one of my friends is an indie Gibson dealer. I've not seen any QC issues in his store...... then again, he may touch them up.

I swear, Guitar Center and their mail order outfits seem to be the dumping ground for imperfects.

I was in a bird store the other day, with the deafening sounds of parrots and lovebirds screeching. It STILL sounded better than a Guitar Center.

I found mine to be pretty awesome as well. I got a deal on it the end of 2012. Almost as nice as my R7.

DSC_1229_zpsb8f650d0.jpg

Nice pair of mates, and interesting to see some lefties here, too. [thumbup]

I like the Gold Tops with a clear finish on sides and back over the darkbacks. Is yours a Custom Shop model since it has the ABR-1 bridge?

A great guitar but i Had some issue with the nut and slots on bridge saddles. slots on nut cut way to deep, causing buzz on 1 fret. Slots on bridge was also badly done. But a graph tech nut and Faber bridge with brass saddles fixed that. Guess it's bad quality control by Gibson, but i got it on sale so i ain't complaining.

So i had her a while, just wanted to show her know after the mods is done.

011_zps865ee3d3.jpg

012_zps44f3ca42.jpg

Here she is with my Gretsch, playing a original song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYTTNhPQG3I

Did you have to do any modifications to fit the Faber? Did you order it or pick it up at a shop? I have a 2012 Trad as well...

Did you have to do any modifications to fit the Faber? Did you order it or pick it up at a shop? I have a 2012 Trad as well...

Bought the bridge on net her link

The post pin on the thumbwheel got slightly bigger on 2012 Gibson. The pre 2012 thumbwheel will fit Faber ABR bridge.

One little flaw with this bridge: As it's supposed to be from Faber the saddle screw should point against bridge pickup. I found out that the little thing that holds the saddles screw in place rattles then. I turned it around, better that way

Archived