Gibson Brands Forums

TC Spark Boost

NHTom

Just picked up a TC Spark Boost pedal and like it a lot.

Let me clearly state first that it is a SUBTLE pedal!!!

Seems to have a large range of clean boost if you want it, and the gain control adds a nice bit of grit and dirt to the sound.

Has basic gain and level knobs and bass/treble knobs.

The other nice feature is a 3way switch for fat/clean/mid boost.

I'm playing a LP Studio with a classic 57 bridge and P90 neck into a Laney Cub 12R all tube 15w amp. It gives me a nice push over the edge to get the amp working a bit harder.

Definitely not to be confused with a distortion/fuzz pedal, it does a nice job of working as a boost with a bit of an overdrive to it.

I saw that they have the new Spark Boost Mini with only a level knob......I like the idea of this one better as it allows for a wide range of eq room. I'd assume the other one is fine as a straight boost, but I was looking for something with a little more adjustment.

My first TC pedal, but I have to say it seems well built and easy to use.

NHTom

Just picked up a TC Spark Boost pedal and like it a lot.

Let me clearly state first that it is a SUBTLE pedal!!!

Seems to have a large range of clean boost if you want it, and the gain control adds a nice bit of grit and dirt to the sound.

Has basic gain and level knobs and bass/treble knobs.

The other nice feature is a 3way switch for fat/clean/mid boost.

I'm playing a LP Studio with a classic 57 bridge and P90 neck into a Laney Cub 12R all tube 15w amp. It gives me a nice push over the edge to get the amp working a bit harder.

Definitely not to be confused with a distortion/fuzz pedal, it does a nice job of working as a boost with a bit of an overdrive to it.

I saw that they have the new Spark Boost Mini with only a level knob......I like the idea of this one better as it allows for a wide range of eq room. I'd assume the other one is fine as a straight boost, but I was looking for something with a little more adjustment.

My first TC pedal, but I have to say it seems well built and easy to use.

NHTom

nice review.

do you have any experience with the Xotic EP Booster? I recently picked one up used and am thoroughly impressed with how much more awesome my LP and Marshall sounds.

I've never tried the XP.

The more I play this Spark Boost the more tricks I'm pulling out of it. If I dial the gain back and raise the level, it really drives the amp well.

A lot of subtle versatility.

NHTom

I've never tried the XP.

The more I play this Spark Boost the more tricks I'm pulling out of it. If I dial the gain back and raise the level, it really drives the amp well.

A lot of subtle versatility.

NHTom

i might have to check it out. Which pisses me off because I'm out of fun money [biggrin]

• 5 months later...

I, myself am not a fan of any of the "on board" stuff, but I don't have much reason to justify it......for all I know they are good.

I just prefer a pedal so that it can be used with any guitar I want to plug in.

If you try one, post a review. I'd like to hear the pro's and con's of it.

NHTom

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard those Spark Boost pedals are great for adding a much easier to achieve pinch-harmonics etc.

While subtle, they allow an expanded harmonics capability from what I've seen in demo's I've watched online on YouTube...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived