Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL CUSTOM "COORS LIGHT" WITH SIGNED PICK GAURD

GR8GUITAR

Thanks for the information. This appears consistent with a 1997 Les Paul, which was a promotional item for Coors. Unfortunately, we don’t have any other specific information available for this guitar. Thank you for the inquiry.

THIS IS WHAT I GOT FROM GIBSON.. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I CANT FIND OUT ANY SPECS ABOUT THIS GUITAR.. LOOKS LIKE A GIBSON, SOUNDS LIKE A GIBSON, PLAYS LIKE A GIBSON.. WHY CANT I FIND ANYTHING ON GOOGLE LET ALONE GIBSON.

I BOUGHT THIS GUITAR 10 YEARS AGO AND I STILL KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU .

I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PICTURES YET FOR THIS IS MY FIRST TRY ON FORUM.

SERIAL# 791720

Ok here we go.

The first thing is to have your pictures uploaded to a web server. I think even orkut could work, but I really recommend you to try photobucket.com ok?

Good, go there, sign up and upload your guitar pictures (we will pretend it's the greatest gibson ever: mine) and you click on the thumbnail of your picture (a miniature picture of the SG)

Then you get your *** back here and click on the add reply button. Here is the trick, you'll look on the photobucket page that opnened when you clicked on the thumbnail and you'll select and copy this text here: Imagem1.png

See the red notes? It marks where you'll find the correct forum-ready adress for your pictures.

Then you just ctrl+v and post it.

It should work.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

I WILL GET PICS. UP TOMORROW WHEN I GET A LITTLE HELP FOR I AM COMPUTER I LITERATE#-o .. SURPRISED I MADE IT THIS FAR .

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

PEACE OUT.;javascript:insertsmiley('#-o%20','/images/emoticons/eusa_doh.gif')

ANYTHING WOULD HELP.. I WAS TOLD IT WAS A REISSUE BUT DONT KNOW OF WHAT.. I WAS TOLD THERE WAS 12 MADE 9 GIVEN IN A MAGAZINE CONTEST AND THE OTHER THREE WENT TO CEO'S..

ANY INFO WOULD BE MORE THAN I HAVE.. THANK YOU..

I RARELY PLAY THE GUITAR AND DIDNT WANT TO MESS WITH THE INTONATION BUT IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTION I'M OPEN. THANKS..

i can't see it being a reissue of anything since it has a nashville bridge and some other modern features.

and, even though there aren't many, i say play it. these types never go up in value. people usually shy away from them b/c of the advertising logos. you will often see such things hanging up in bars, or maybe the corporate office, but they don't do well on the market.

ive figured as much.. the coors logo sucks really dont know about les paul signiture on pick gaurd if it would be of value? but this thing rocks through my 1973 hand wound marshall 50watt half stack through 25/50 jubilee marshall..

i rarely ever break it out because of the three m's.. married, mortgage, minivan.. lol. my loss.. ;)

thanks

• 3 years later...
Guest Tickets

Hi, I know you posted a long time ago. But I just did a search to see if anyone out there owns this guitar and wow you own one also. I can tell you where this guitar came from was part of the Coors Rock N Win sweepstakes. There was just 9 of these guitars made haven't heard about any CEO's getting this guitar. Just could say from what the sweepstakes form said. Only 3 of these guitars were signed by Les Paul and I have one of the 3 and you have one. So surprised this was on the net. I won the guitar about 15 years ago and just took pictures of it and put it back in the box. I know that it has marble inlay and the retail for the guitar back then was $15,000. I am not sure how much it is worth now. I also heard that B.B. King played one of these in a Coors commercial but I haven't been able to find the commercial on YouTube or other sites. It also came with the same case you have in the picture. Hope that helps.

Not sure, but this guy has one too..

(Shouldn't this post be in the Les Paul Forums?)

http://www.fquick.com/pics/viewpic.php?action=viewimg&id=7082

"My other favorite... Gibson Les Paul COORS Edition. Only 7 made for a BBKing commercial which was put on by Coors Corp. Coors Bottle Mother of Pearl inlay all through the neck..."

7082.jpg?1221525716

And...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Gibson-Paul-II-Coors-Electric-Guitar-w-HSC-Very-Good-15336-/220930377199?pt=Guitar&hash=item33707a05ef

$(KGrHqRHJBoE7yLOZpbWBPDgDjqM2g~~60_3.JPG

Honestly the more I look at the Les Paul signature, the more I think it's NOT real. I saw the Mary Ford LP SG on Pawn Stars with all the documentation with his signature on them, and it doesn't look like the pickguard on your guitar. Did the Coots Light LP come with some letter of authenticity?

Archived