Gibson Brands Forums

NGD and NAD

Enmitygauged

Well I decided that wandering around new orleans with a pocketful of cash may not be the wisest thing. So I tempered my P90 addiction with a Firebird in Pelham blue with 3x p90s tapped and phased.

I also got the gold rush edition of the blues junior with the greenback in there.

no i can just go to new orleans and enjoy the music

Ohh is that one of the 2010 Studio non reverse ones? I had a burst version for a while...

I LOVED the P90s and the wiring options but I never quite bonded with the neck.. Its kinda flat and slim..

GREAT guitars though if you like the neck [thumbup]

Yeah I have to really work on the neck. mines a 2011. the wiring options are brilliant I really love the tone knob sending the middle pup out of phase. i find im playing with that middle tapped and the tone pulled out on either neck and middle or bridge and middle. and using the full bridge to really thin the sound out.

i think this will be my go to for a very long time. I used to use the SG who for darker songs cos it really wasnt as bright as the Les Paul either the Junior or the Goldtop and then the Junior for most other songs. but this I get pretty much all three plus some unique sounds just from the FireBird.

Archived