Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson's improvement for the SG neck heel

Guitar slinger

well i dont have a VOS' date=' just a usa 61 reissue, with a neck binding, and it too looks very precise compared to some gibsons ive seen, and plays like a dream, or like cutting hot butter with a knife

do the usa 61's get "plek'd"?

haha, glad you feel similarly, ill tune my guitar by meself thankyouverymuch, no "robotics" necessary [/quote']

Given it is a reissue, it might have been plek'd. But I'm really no expert #-o

80 LPC' date=' your fretboard looks to go deeper into the body.[/quote']

Yes, it is deeper into the body. The neck pickup sits tight against the end of the fretboard. This gives a more bassy output, although not everyone will like this. I find that the neck pickup gives a really nice high gain tone when playing in the 12th fret area.

Indeed.

A big fan of the G and A keys perhaps?

The original owner had turned the lower frets into 'farmer's corner', then I wore out the rest !

After a couple of skims, this was the result all the way up the board. What's holding me back is the decision to either fret inside the binding, or overlap the fret ends which gives more room for vibrato. In other words : playability over originality.

Indeed.

A big fan of the G and A keys perhaps?

The original owner had turned the lower frets into 'farmer's corner', then I wore out the rest :-k/

After a couple of skims, this was the result all the way up the board. What's holding me back is the decision to either fret inside the binding, or overlap the fret ends which gives more room for vibrato. In other words : playability over originality.

Archived