Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

ChrisM

Picked up this fine guitar last night in a trade. Traded my Taylor GA-4 which I never really played as much as I thought I would and a little cash for this 2013 J-35.

The J-35 is a great guitar, definitely lives up to the hype. This particular one is nicer playing and sounding than the few others I've tried locally. On that note I love the neck on this guitar, nice and chunky without being too big.

The guitar has a great dynamic range. Sounds really nice when played soft but responds equally as well when dug in and strummed. Personally I think it sounds better with a light touch and fingerpicking than strummed...

The original owner bought it in June while the S/N dates it to being made Feb 14th (with love!!! [wub] ). Does anyone know when these J-35's started being made? From my research this is the earliest one I can find.

Anyways another happy J-35 owner. Great value for your money.

Going to do some A/B test with the J-35 vs J-45 TV this weekend, see how they compare. Looking forward to having my LG-2 back from the shop so I can compare a legit banner against the two reissue banners.

(on that note I do wish Gibson didn't put the banner on this J-35 and kept it period accurate).

IMG_4446.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Hi, and congratulations on the J-35!

Mine I bought in mid-March, and is serialed 3 days before yours, the 11th of February.

The first I saw of these was at John Thomas' Kalamazoo Gals book unveiling on February 16, in Seattle. My guess would be that that particular J-35 would bear a serial number "near the front of the pack", probably sometime in January.

I can't recall whether they unveiled the model at the January NAMM; if so, the initial examples would necessarily have been early January or even December 2012!

Fred

Hi, and congratulations on the J-35!

Mine I bought in mid-March, and is serialed 3 days before yours, the 11th of February.

The first I saw of these was at John Thomas' Kalamazoo Gals book unveiling on February 16, in Seattle. My guess would be that that particular J-35 would bear a serial number "near the front of the pack", probably sometime in January.

I can't recall whether they unveiled the model at the January NAMM; if so, the initial examples would necessarily have been early January or even December 2012!

Fred

Cool thanks for the info

What's funny is when the J-35 was premiered at Winter NAMM it had the period correct headstock logo. When production models shipped they had the elusive banner logo (which no real J-35 had).

Archived