Gibson Brands Forums

What Should I Buy.. If there a difference

iceberg

I will post pics in a couple days..my son doesn't know I bought it even though it's hiding in plain sight.. but here the tag to verify the steal of a deal I got

Did it really come with Keystone button tuners? My 2011 LP Std Quilt did, but I think that Kidney button machine heads were stock on 2012 LP Standards like mine. However, chrome-plated Keystones are a bit rare and hard to locate as spare parts, let alone locking ones, but they are my favorites for both feel and looks.

OK ..as promised here are the photos.It really was a steal. my son went in the store yesterday to see if it was still there and they told him some guy bought it last week,boy was he bummed.. Now I have to keep a secret till Christmas..

post-59859-061896000 1381790992_thumb.jpg

post-59859-072664500 1381791182_thumb.jpg

post-59859-086477100 1381791437_thumb.jpg

OK ..as promised here are the photos.It really was a steal. my son went in the store yesterday to see if it was still there and they told him some guy bought it last week,boy was he bummed.. Now I have to keep a secret till Christmas..

That's very nice ... and you are one cold SOB :)

Ha, that sounds like fun, I bet you can't wait to see his face at Christmas!

Ian.

Till Christmas! Geeze! They will have other ones in there by that time, I suppose.

Maybe you should give him the guitar earlier and just tell him it is for Christmas and he better learn some Christmas songs by Christmas to play for the group around the ol' Christmas tree.

[rolleyes]

Very nice Les Paul, looks really decent with the Translucent Black finish. [thumbup] It has the Kidney button tuners as the 2012 Standard of mine, too.

As for Christmas etc.: Does your son have an appropriate neck strap? By the way, strap security locks can be very useful to avoid guitars falling to the ground. Especially the upper strap knob is a bit risky - I have a pair Schaller locks on all Les Paul guitars of mine and their straps.

Ahem - what if your son found out you were posting about it here... [biggrin] Perhaps there are two persons carrying a secret with them until Christmas [lol]

Archived