Gibson Brands Forums

ToneRite Results: 2013 Gibson J-35

twalker

I liked before better Toby - more mellow and warm. Which explains why I tend to like the J45s more than the J35s that I have tried.

Interesting. Then let's not forget my all time favorite... the AJ. I prefer that over the J45 but still.. .they're all great guitars!

I'm not necessarily a ToneRite fan. Never used one. Only know what I've heard and read. BUT, and maybe I'm crazy, I think the "after" audio sounds more chunky and woody than the "before." To me, the "after" doesn't sound as bright. It's more of the Gibson sound I listen for. If these were two different J35s that I was trying to decide between, I'd go with the "after." On the other hand, I used to own a Rogue that I thought sounded pretty darn good...

This is a precious info for me. Actually my ToneRite device is not at home - I gave it to my luthier months ago to tonerite some of his guitars.

I tonerited many guitars - mines (SJ200, Epiphone Masterbilt, My Classical Luthier handmade, my replica of a Martin OO28 Luthier handmade, my PRS SE Custom and others) and many guitars of my friends. And I was every time pleased with the results (especially on my SJ200!). Of course I know that it kills strings and I evaluated the sound only after string change.

But this exemple (and I thank yoy TWalker) shows me do NOT do it on my J35.

I hear in the sample after the toneritting that the articulation improoved but the sustain faded a bit (to my ear)...

I'll let my J35 to develop in time without toneritting.

Knee bones connected to the... with the TR everywhere the strings touch there is wear & tear. The PrimeVibe system takes longer but is better, with zero string chew. The variable frequency vibe is much superior to the single freak TR. amen

Archived