Gibson Brands Forums

My biggest fear......

Lefty Guy

I have written a description of each guitar (so she knows which is which), as well as an estimated value. I don't want my wife selling them for $50 each if something happens to me. Sorry guys, you're not getting my L-OO Legend for $50 and a sympathetic note to my wife lamenting my untimely demise. [biggrin]

I think I've said this here before....I recently changed my will to a living trust.... with me the owner, wife is second and then our son.

I sent him not only a list of equipment, (includes the pianos, keyboards, amps, guitars, violin etc.), but instructions on what to do with them all.

I gave him first option is to keep them all, but they should go to his kids (if he ever has any) but after that, I told him where they all should go.

For instance, I have two custom-built guitars from my cousin's 'estate', (he's still alive, just not coherent), and if he gets rid of them, they HAVE to go to

someone on my side of the family.

The violin was my wife's father's from when he was a kid, (he's been dead for over 30 years, so this violin is pretty old), and if he gets rid of it, it

HAS to go to someone on his mother's side of the family.

Some things, like my P-Bass, I told him to give to his friend, and my Bassman amp should go with it...buy my other amps, I simply don't care....(save the Dual Showman).

I told him if possible to give the 'Bird to his daughter, and the DIF to his son, (if he's lucky enough to get a 50/50 split).

.Man, that's a brutal thought. . . #-o

If you're talking to me, no reason to worry BK. I plan to stay on track for quite some time.

Just see me as an experienced chess-player. . .

But I get Lefty's joking-card -

Wouldn't wan't the people behind me and the aftergame to turn into a blindfolded farce with guitar-vultures laughing their way out of the situation.

mybiggestfear_zps746442b5.jpg

A worse fear is that you lose all motor function but your mind keeps working beautifully and you sit dribbling in your high chair as the wife hands out a few guitars to your enemies, relatives - then burns the rest on the barbecue...

SO SHE CAN MAKE MORE ROOM FOR THE SHOES...........

BluesKing777.

... I seriosly consider to write a manual for values and general details as original pins, tr-covers, cases etc. . .

If you're talking to me, no reason to worry BK. I plan to stay on track for quite some time.

Yes, I was. Cataloging sounds like the prudent thing to do. The brutal part is I've got 19 guitars, not to mention the gear. . . [sad]

Cataloging sounds like the prudent thing to do. The brutal part is I've got 19 guitars, not to mention the gear. . . [sad]

I see - some list-work ahead during the comin' winter-evenings - quite groovy with the right music over the speakers.

Doesn't K. Richards own over 500, , , then again he's immortal -

Archived