Gibson Brands Forums

Got GAS?

Fullmental Alpinist

American Musical Supply is currently offering twelve payments, zero interest on Gibson guitars. Their credit check is very forgiving for those of us who have been credit impaired.

I purchased two of my guitars and an amp from them and everything was handled smoothly. I have no other affiliation with them.

Best of all, you get 45 days to play the guitar in your home while you make up your mind. (Try that at the Big Box down the street.) And, American Musical is an authorized Gibson dealer so you get the full warranty, too.

Gibson 12 Pay

FMA

They also charge a monthly fee on the deal. I agree with BK - never a good idea to buy anything other than with cash on hand.

Actually, there is no monthly fee, just a one-time $21 set up fee and the first payment of 1/12th. Of course you would have to pay MSRP, but there won't be any sales tax unless you live in NJ or NV (which would save you about $400 on a ES-335).

I'd better stop here before I push the buy button....

Bottom line, a few of us will never have the $3k or $4k in hand to buy the guitar of our dreams--or to pay cash for a car or a house. But we might be able to make a monthly payment, God willing.

FMA

Since I got my LG-2 earlier in the year, which was a small bodied Gibson missing piece in the puzzle, Ive been in that weird comfort zone where Ive been totally GAS free, in fact Im thinking about off loading a couple guitars.

Strange but content feeling.

Strange but content feeling.

Long may it reign.

But when you get ready to off load a few, why don't you make a contest of it and see who can guess how you'll thin your herd. It would be interesting to observe how some of these amazing guitar minds would choose what they'd keep.

Not sayin'; just sayin'.

FMA

Archived